Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What visa do I need to work in Australia if I have a US green card ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What visa do I need to work in Australia if I have a US green card ?

I recently got an opportunity to work in an Australian company (startup). I want to take that offer, understanding that it may void my Green Card, here in the US.
    What documents do I need to travel there ? Will my Green Card be of any help in getting Permanent Residency in Australia ? I have previously worked in Australia (on a work permit/457).

You need an Australian work permit to work in Australia. Your U.S. Green Card has nothing to do with Australia. If you expect to be in Australia for an extended period, apply for a U.S. Reentry Permit before you leave the U.S.

--Ray B

Originally posted by tada View Post
    I recently got an opportunity to work in an Australian company (startup). I want to take that offer, understanding that it may void my Green Card, here in the US.
    What documents do I need to travel there ? Will my Green Card be of any help in getting Permanent Residency in Australia ? I have previously worked in Australia (on a work permit/457).

Comment

Originally posted by tada View Post
      . I want to take that offer, understanding that it may void my Green Card, here in the US.
      ? Will my Green Card be of any help in getting Permanent Residency in Australia ?
      If you plan to live permanently in Australia and foresee better opportunities there, there is a process to formally return your US green card. Your US green card has nothing to do with Australia; two separate nations with laws independent of the other.

Comment

you will need a work permit.

Comment

The Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship requires that all people traveling to Australia possess valid travel and identification documents. ... Specifically, tourist and business visas are applicable for U.S. green card holders traveling to Australia for a short period.
          mobdro
          Last edited by sunnywilson09; 09-24-2021, 06:55 AM.

Comment

Congratulations on your job opportunity with an Australian company! When it comes to traveling to Australia for work, there are specific visa and immigration requirements that you'll need to fulfill. Here is some general information regarding the necessary documents and your Green Card's relevance:
            1. Visa Requirements: As an employee of an Australian company, you will likely need a work visa to legally work and reside in Australia. The specific visa you require depends on factors such as the nature of your work, the duration of your stay, and your qualifications. The most common work visa category in Australia is the Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa, which replaced the 457 visa. You should consult with your prospective employer or an Australian immigration lawyer to determine the appropriate visa category and to initiate the visa application process.
            2. Passport: You will need a valid passport to travel to Australia. Ensure that your passport is valid for at least six months beyond your intended stay in Australia.
            3. Green Card: Your Green Card (permanent resident card) is specific to the United States and does not grant you any immigration benefits in Australia by default. It is not directly relevant to obtaining permanent residency in Australia. You will need to follow the Australian immigration procedures and meet the requirements for the appropriate work visa to work and potentially apply for permanent residency in Australia.​

Comment

Congratulations on your job opportunity with an Australian company! When it comes to traveling to Australia for work, there are specific visa and immigration requirements that you'll need to fulfill. Here is some general information regarding the necessary documents and your Green Card's relevance:
              1. Visa Requirements: As an employee of an Australian company, you will likely need a work visa to legally work and reside in Australia. The specific visa you require depends on factors such as the nature of your work, the duration of your stay, and your qualifications. The most common work visa category in Australia is the Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) visa, which replaced the 457 visa. You should consult with your prospective employer or an Australian immigration lawyer to determine the appropriate visa category and to initiate the visa application process.
              2. Passport: You will need a valid passport to travel to Australia. Ensure that your passport is valid for at least six months beyond your intended stay in Australia.
              3. Green Card: Your Green Card (permanent resident card) is specific to the United States and does not grant you any immigration benefits in Australia by default. It is not directly relevant to obtaining permanent residency in Australia. You will need to follow the Australian immigration procedures and meet the requirements for the appropriate work visa to work and potentially apply for permanent residency in Australia.​​ Donkey Kong

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X