Houston filing timeline and process

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Houston filing timeline and process

I'm looking for some guidance as I wasn't expecting the Houston office to take so long processing a green card application. It's ridiculous how they can accept the money for a service, yet not have to work to a timeline or provide a benchmark for how long it will take to process.

Been in Houston on an L1 visa for 7 years (renewed it 3 times) and it just expired on 14th August 2016
    Married a US citizen on 1st August 2014
    Submitted I-485 with I-130 forms on 3rd September 2015 to Chicago address
    Completed Biometrics on 4th October 2015 in Houston
    Status ever since 7th October 2015 "Ready to Schedule an interview"
    Submitted online query about the status on 10th June 2016 which stated I'd get a response in 14 days (I think it was about that)
    Received their response on 18th July 2016 pretty much saying the same "Ready to Schedule an interview" and to wait 90 days before contacting again
    Called on 15th August 2016 as the website processing time now shows it is processing applications from 14th October 2016. Asked why I wouldn't have heard anything if they were onto applications that were submitted after mine and was advised that another service request cannot be entered until after 30 days (i.e. 18th August 2016)

Should I submit another service request on 19th August or will that have an adverse affect on my processing time? (can't help but wonder if someone would put it to the bottom of the pile)
    Should I now submit the I-765?
    What is the process / timeline after the interview? Wondering how long I will be inconvenienced for.

On top of this my drivers license has expired as they would only issue it until the date shown on my L1 visa? Anyone know what documents I can submit to get that renewed?

I also wanted to be able to go on vacation and was thinking about submitting an I-131 but that form appears to want specific dates (which I cannot give as I don't know how long it will take them to process (website says 3mths!)) and I want some flexibility. Do you have to put specific reason and dates for travel or can it be open ended?

Appreciate your comments.

Thanks

Originally posted by Houstonsnailpace View Post
    I'm looking for some guidance as I wasn't expecting the Houston office to take so long processing a green card application. It's ridiculous how they can accept the money for a service, yet not have to work to a timeline or provide a benchmark for how long it will take to process.

Been in Houston on an L1 visa for 7 years (renewed it 3 times) and it just expired on 14th August 2016
    Submitted online query about the status on 10th June 2016 which stated I'd get a response in 14 days (I think it was about that)
    Received their response on 18th July 2016 pretty much saying the same "Ready to Schedule an interview" and to wait 90 days before contacting again
    Called on 15th August 2016 as the website processing time now shows it is processing applications from 14th October 2016. Asked why I wouldn't have heard anything if they were onto applications that were submitted after mine and was advised that another service request cannot be entered until after 30 days (i.e. 18th August 2016)

Should I submit another service request on 19th August or will that have an adverse affect on my processing time? (can't help but wonder if someone would put it to the bottom of the pile)
    What is the process / timeline after the interview? Wondering how long I will be inconvenienced for.

On top of this my drivers license has expired as they would only issue it until the date shown on my L1 visa? Anyone know what documents I can submit to get that renewed?

I also wanted to be able to go on vacation and was thinking about submitting an I-131 but that form appears to want specific dates (which I cannot give as I don't know how long it will take them to process (website says 3mths!)) and I want some flexibility. Do you have to put specific reason and dates for travel or can it be open ended?

Thanks
    My PD date 4th-Sep 2015 still no interview schefuled. The last update online:" (17th-Dec 2015) RFE
    Response received." I submit my inquiry on Jun-18th 2016. Currently I've been contacting with congressional man and senetor try to resolve this issue. Houston office.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks

I am in the same situation. Applied October 13 2015, my application was processed swiftly and as of Dec 2015 it stated "case is ready to be scheduled for an interview". I am not sure if we have any other option that to wait to be scheduled. It is always said that Houston service center is a drag.
      I have a friend that applied in Oct 2015 that was scheduled to be interviewed in June and had his interview July 13 2016. So, I am not sure how this process works. We just have to wait and see I guess.

Ike

Comment

@Jonathan - have you had any success with the local Congressman and Senator?

Comment

@Jonathan - have you had any success with the local Congressman and Senator?
          the local congressman did not reply the result yet. But within three days I got letter from Senator: to state that my case still processing right now just waiting for local office to schedule a interview.

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan View Post
            the local congressman did not reply the result yet. But within three days I got letter from Senator: to state that my case still processing right now just waiting for local office to schedule a interview.
            Not a great deal of help to you then!
            I wonder who's in charge of the Houston service center because there should be a way to formally complain about processing times and poor customer service. At the end of the day we're paying to apply and they should be accountable.

Comment

Not a great deal of help to you then!
              I wonder who's in charge of the Houston service center because there should be a way to formally complain about processing times and poor customer service. At the end of the day we're paying to apply and they should be accountable.
              I hear there is way to complain. But most time I suggest to be patient and wait. A lot of people abuse the power. Just hope no hard time. Good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X