Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I (an individual) file my Family H4 Extension without any attorney

Respected Admins,

I am on H1 and my Visa validity is till Sept 30th 2016 and already I have applied for my H1 extension through my employer's attorney.
    My family (Wife+2kids) came to US last month and on Sept 30th 2016 their Visa will lapse.

Is it possible to apply for my families H4 extension without approaching/involving any attorney? If yes can you please let me know the process? Is there any risk is involved if its get initiated from my end?

Even I have one issue with my wifes I-94. When I am searching for wifes I-94 online its throwing message that "NOT FOUND" even after entering correct info, random info, removing spaces and few last and starting words but still its throwing message that "NOT FOUND" but my kids I-94 is available online who came with my wife last month. Can you please tell me how to deal with this as I tried to reach customer care but from morning to evening am unable to reach them as they already busy assisting other customers.

Thanks in advance for your kind response.

Regards,
    Syed

Originally posted by ikasnoor View Post
    Respected Admins,

I am on H1 and my Visa validity is till Sept 30th 2016 and already I have applied for my H1 extension through my employer's attorney.
    My family (Wife+2kids) came to US last month and on Sept 30th 2016 their Visa will lapse.

Is it possible to apply for my families H4 extension without approaching/involving any attorney? If yes can you please let me know the process? Is there any risk is involved if its get initiated from my end?

Even I have one issue with my wifes I-94. When I am searching for wifes I-94 online its throwing message that "NOT FOUND" even after entering correct info, random info, removing spaces and few last and starting words but still its throwing message that "NOT FOUND" but my kids I-94 is available online who came with my wife last month. Can you please tell me how to deal with this as I tried to reach customer care but from morning to evening am unable to reach them as they already busy assisting other customers.

Thanks in advance for your kind response.

Regards,
    Syed

Yes, you can apply. Its a pretty simple and straight forward process. Download the I539 form from USCIS website, fill it and send along with relevant documentation to the service center as per your location.It takes 2-4 Months for it to be approved.

As for the latest I-94 , go to nearest CBP office if you are not able to view it online.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thank You So Much

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Yes, you can apply. Its a pretty simple and straight forward process. Download the I539 form from USCIS website, fill it and send along with relevant documentation to the service center as per your location.It takes 2-4 Months for it to be approved.

As for the latest I-94 , go to nearest CBP office if you are not able to view it online.

Thank You So Much for your valuable suggestion Raghvi.

I need one more help please. I tried to filled I-539 form but unable to fill lengthy name of my first child because his name is having 22 character(including 2 spaces.

Can you please suggest me how to fill the form in my case.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
      Syed

Comment

Originally posted by ikasnoor View Post
        Thank You So Much for your valuable suggestion Raghvi.

I need one more help please. I tried to filled I-539 form but unable to fill lengthy name of my first child because his name is having 22 character(including 2 spaces.

Can you please suggest me how to fill the form in my case.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
        Syed
        I believe First Name allows 19 Characaters and second name allows 29 Chars.

Also the instructions say " If you need extra space to complete any item within this application, attach a sheet of paper, and type or print your name and A-Number (if any) at the top of each sheet of paper; indicate the Page Number, Part Number, and Item Number to which your answer refers; and date and sign each sheet"

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
          I believe First Name allows 19 Characaters and second name allows 29 Chars.

Also the instructions say " If you need extra space to complete any item within this application, attach a sheet of paper, and type or print your name and A-Number (if any) at the top of each sheet of paper; indicate the Page Number, Part Number, and Item Number to which your answer refers; and date and sign each sheet"

Thank you so much Mr. Admin Raghvi.

Below is the format I have taken a printout. Please let me know if its incorrect or need any modifications or additions. Thanks.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

ADDITIONAL INFO SHEET OF APPLICANT
          First Name: ABC
          Last Name: XYZ

Additional Information for:
          Application Form I-539, Page 7 of 9, Supplement A, Person One,
          1.b. Given Name (First Name) is AAAAAAAA BBBB CCCCCCCC
          ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}