Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apply for another visa while under 221g administrative processing

Hi,

My L1A was recently denied but is under 221g processing. I was not asked for additional documentation.

Since this processing will go on for 60 days, can I still apply for another visa? I wanted to apply for my H1B interview but not sure what to do here.

Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks!

Originally posted by SulabhR View Post
    Hi,

My L1A was recently denied but is under 221g processing. I was not asked for additional documentation.

Since this processing will go on for 60 days, can I still apply for another visa? I wanted to apply for my H1B interview but not sure what to do here.

Any advice will be helpful.

Thanks!
    Yes, you can apply, but you will most likely be asked to write a letter to withdraw the L1 application as and when you go for H1 interview.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Yes, you can apply, but you will most likely be asked to write a letter to withdraw the L1 application as and when you go for H1 interview.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Thanks raghvi,

Have you had a similar experience/ know anyone who has gone through the same? I was wondering who will ask me to write a letter, when exactly and if this will cause any delays in my H1 stamping?

Comment

Reapply for the same B2 visa while in administrative processing under section 221 g

Am I able to reapply for the B2 visa while being under administrative processing section 221 g for about 3 months.
        I have a very serious need to be in US in 2 months for my wife's delivery...but my application is under administrative processing for more than 2 months. I have now got a medical letter for my wife's delivery date from US hospital

So with this I am thinking of reapplying.......From US embassy the information i got is that if i reapply it might complicate my application and they also said it would lead to cancellation of my first application and new application would be filed which may or may not by put under administrative processing.

Hence I am confused!!!

Has any one done something similar to this before?? would the letter from the US hospital give me any chance of getting the visa ASAP or not???? are there any issues in it or cancellation of the previous application has to be done? if so then who should do it and from where?

Lastly.......Should I go for it??

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X