Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Blanket amendment

Friends,

I am working for a renowned product based company A on L1-B (blanket) visa since past 6 months. I have worked with this firm for 7 years almost. I did my Masters in US and stayed here on H1B for a couple of years before relocating back to India in 2007.

My company A is going through a re-organization where the business unit I am working in, is becoming a subsidiary of company A. There is no location change or change in job responsibility.

This requires an amendment in my L1-B blanket petition to signify that I am working for A's subsidiary. I am working with the company's attorney's on this. I have been given two options:

1. An in-land L1-B blanket petition amendment with USCIS in premium processing
    2. Travel abroad and get stamping done again

Looking at my family situation, I am tending to take option 1.

I would appreciate your suggestions/experiences about similar situations.

Thanks in advance!

Urgent help appreciated on this...

Please help.

Comment

Hi,

Do you have any updates on your case. I am in similar situation However my legal advisor did not gave me the first option.. "1. An in-land L1-B blanket petition amendment with USCIS in premium processing" If you have done this and gone thru this then can you share some light or will you be able to give me some information?

Really appreciate your help.

Comment

Approved

Originally posted by ipraveen View Post
        Hi,

Do you have any updates on your case. I am in similar situation However my legal advisor did not gave me the first option.. "1. An in-land L1-B blanket petition amendment with USCIS in premium processing" If you have done this and gone thru this then can you share some light or will you be able to give me some information?

Really appreciate your help.
        Approved in premium on 11th day.

Comment

Originally posted by udas0674 View Post
          Friends,

I am working for a renowned product based company A on L1-B (blanket) visa since past 6 months. I have worked with this firm for 7 years almost. I did my Masters in US and stayed here on H1B for a couple of years before relocating back to India in 2007.

My company A is going through a re-organization where the business unit I am working in, is becoming a subsidiary of company A. There is no location change or change in job responsibility.

This requires an amendment in my L1-B blanket petition to signify that I am working for A's subsidiary. I am working with the company's attorney's on this. I have been given two options:

1. An in-land L1-B blanket petition amendment with USCIS in premium processing
          2. Travel abroad and get stamping done again

Looking at my family situation, I am tending to take option 1.

I would appreciate your suggestions/experiences about similar situations.

Thanks in advance!
          Hi, can you give some details on your amendment process? What paper work do you get after the amendment is approved?

Was there any modification to your I-129S?

Did you have any issue at the Port of entry?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X