White girls and Indian guys in the USA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

indians in the USA

Ah....I think there's a bad case of indentity crises here. Those names Chalki Pandu mentioned in her question..........Billy blanks, sydney poitier, Cuba Gooding Jr., montel williams, and so are definitely not indian men. They are black men. They originate from africa they did not originate from India. First chalki pandu has to get that straight and figure out that she is indian and not white. The name chalki pandu is indian. Even if you are light skinned you are still indian. Because you originate from india and from indian parents.

When you get your identity straight then you can discuss your topic at hand.

Comment

to disgusted white girl/ travellers to India

Hi there,
      We are talking about two different traditions and cultures. In terms of Indian guy marrying a white girl, Indian society has not as evolved as western societies. It may take longer, much longer to accept this fact
      . That doesnt justify the fact that somethings can upset/annoy others.So if you are unhappy, not much can be done, India will take its time to evolve, and we need to educate, may be the people of India in this aspect.
      There are so many nice things about Indian culture and society, but there are also so many things to worry.

Now that I am reading the remaining posts on this blog, I am really getting interested in reading the other posts.

I will definitely post more on this blog from now.

First westerners travelling to India:
      Where poverty is, there is a chance for crime. If you go to India and expect everyone to behave with decency/ and have the same luxury that you get in your country, well you are in a *****al world. Corruption, poverty, population,pollution, illitracy when come together, you can expect all sorts of things. When India becomes developed, when the rules become stringent, when people fear the fate of crime, when they are happy, we may expect changes that we all will like.
      If you are unhappy about your trip to India, well that doesnt surprise me.
      India has both good and bad. So you have to be smart in how you plan your trip. Going to India is not like going to Singapore, Europe, USA or Australia.

India has a population of over a billion people, and if 950 million people are all nice, well behaved, very friendly, respectful, we will still have 50 million people out there to spoil the image of India. If you are in India, know where you are, know what you are doing, take all precautions.

Also I believe, it is not a right thing to generalize by saying "you Indians"
      Is this blog about clash of cultures, finding what is not right in one culture and compare it with what is good in other culture, well then we are becoming
      ignorant.
      As I said before, societies in differnt parts of the world have evolved differently, that is the way it is.

Looks like there are quite a bit of American girls here. I am an Indian and I have been in this country (USA) for 8 years. Hello to all of you.

Sorry, I have been reading new posts in between, so my para above is continuosly ( did I spell it right, I doubt it) evolving in various directions.

I have to go now but, Comparing western world, people to India or any not so developed country is not justified, even though I would so lot of things that happen in India are highly unacceptable.

American society is balanced, more planned, logical in many ways as it stands and much probably has to do with how wealthy a country is.
      I just expressed some views in a hurry and my views can evolve in a positive direction if you disagree with some aspects.

Where are you Darwin? we need some answers.

Comment

views/travel/colors

Reply to Nahor:
        Keep your opinions to yourself and don't generalize your views to every other Indian. You seem to be very close minded and trying to cough up your close minded views, which does not represent every other Indian.
        I would really appreciate if people here just express their own views and don't represent everyone else. I would have to say views expressed by a person here, very much represent themselves, don't generalize and degrade others.

Every individual if different, and has their own identity. Until you meet them you wouldn't know how beautiful they are and how different they are. I think
        ----------------------------------------------------------------------
        In my opinion,In general, American women are honest, friendly and beautiful.
        Reply to ( a 32-year old female Scottish tourist and businesswoman, and have been traveling and working in India for five months. Given the recent news highlighting the behavior of Indian men towards foreign female tourists)

Did you have any good experiences in India, or all your experience are disgusting. Seems like you are highlighting your experiences ( which shouldn't have happened) that are all bad. Please don't expect same things that you get in your country everywhere else.

There are different categories of men/people in India, and your experiences tell me that you had encounters with some disgusting people. You cannot justify if you were dressed conservatively or not as you met people who are not respectful of others. Going to a bar in USA/Europe is not the same as going to a bar in India. I had some bad experience in USA, but that does not represent the country. Of course, much lesser extent compared to what you had.

---------
        To sarah1234:
        I don't know about others, but I think the reasoning is, there are more of white women around a Indian guy (say me) then Indian women in USA. the ratio could be as high as 500:1, it justifies that their can more attractive white girls around, so you would be noticed if you are pretty.

leessa:
        Have been in India, how do you know so much about India. I don't know all those things that you know, even though I have lived in India for about 25 years. I see ignorance and bias in your blog. I think you views are sacrificial, definitely has some truth but you cannot generalize.
        -------------------------------------------------------------------

Why do Indians think white women/ white color is prettier:

I would try to justify in this way. Historically white race has been wealthier, they thrusted their superiority over other races. They showed their dominance by making other races as slaves, ex: Indians, Africans.
        Do you guys disagree?
        This has continued for centuries, and white color now become a symbol of superiority, better color/ prettier color.

I can assure you, if it was the other way, say black people were wealthier, made white people the slaves, then definitely in todays world, black or brown color would be considered the better color. Then many white people would like to look darker as that would symbolize preety or better looking color.

It is unfortunate, that we human beings are judging which is better color or race. Our almighty god, when made the different races/ colors of human beings didn't realize that people will have this problem. He probably thought that the different colors would make life more interesting for people as different colored flowers in his garden.
        Wouldn't it be boring if all colors of the flowers in the garden are of the same color rather having a garden with different colored flowers, I think so.

Comment

tourist/ skin complexion

One more Reply to ( a 32-year old female Scottish tourist and businesswoman):
          You said you were in India for 5 months = 180 days, and you had 3-4 bad experiences. What about people of Indian origin getting shot in the USA or other parts of the world. How should they feel about that.
          You have the right to express your views, its unfortunate that these things happened in India, and this does not surprise me.

I would say, Indian goverment should impose stringent laws/ severe punishments to those people who cross the limit, indulge in antisocial activities and disrespectful of others. I would like people to make a protest to the govt of India and other organizations on why these things are happening in India. Why is it becoming easier for people to think they can do whatever they like. What is the law and order doing, how can we address these issues.
          If the law is tought, if the punishment for a crime is severe, nobody will think of commiting a crime.

Why do Indians think white women/ white color is prettier

If for centuries, people preferred copper over gold, and say copper is better than gold, everyone will go after copper instead of gold, copper would be much expensive and desirable.
          for centuries white people called themselves better race that other races, today people in many parts of the world are associating white skin to better complexion than the other. Who to blame?

Comment

Thanks for the entertainment, ya'll.
            Check out H1 FAQs first!
            http://www.immihelp.com/visas/h1b/h1-visa-faq.html

Comment

Yes I agree. This post is a drag. Hope Admn closes this.

Comment

It is pop corn for the movie. If there are no new posts on the forum, this is the thread to visit

I am not a lawyer and you need to consult with one to validate any info posted on the forum and discuss your case specifics. H1b Question? Read the FAQ first.

Comment

In response to the man who responded to Angry White Girl:

You are one sick, arrogant SOB. White woman are by NO means easy NOR are they docile. Indian girls where I live are TITLED the most promiscuous female population in a twenty mile radius! So much for traditional values right? Perhaps,Indian men are SO weak they need a white woman to validate themselves because Indian woman CAN'T!! Your reply is an outrage, and exact indication of why most people frown upon your culture because of your arrogant, better-than-everyone attitude! Get a life, if you're so educated and successful stop playing Dr. Phil on internet chat forums!

Comment

Dear Indian Royalty,

please allow to tell you that you are generalizing pretty much everything. Wake up and start thinking more globally. Be carefull, it sounds a sort of racist. We still have wars in this world because of people who are continuously lumping things together that don't belong together anylonger. People who put ideals over people's lifes...The world has changed, we are young cool smart people and should be over the skin colour or race. What has an average indian woman to do with you statement? Or an average white woman to do with your ideas about white women and why some indian guys prefer date them. You are talking nonsense. It doesn't belong in a cool modern world.
                    To be honest, you guys very often are very insecure because of your skin colour. Open your eyes, you are clever enough to be over that rubbish. Relax, enjoy your life.
                    I'm dating my indian perfect beautiful and intelligent (not docil at all) man just because I LOVE him. I don't care about the skin colour. We do have cultural differences, but I'm his GODDES, yes. Indian or white or black or yellow women who look at me are just jealous that they are not able to get a man like this.

Guys, you would be much hotter if you just stopp talking rubbish about skin colour, honestly.

Comment

Originally posted by nahor View Post
                      Its pathetic to read the white woman's opinions on why Indian men date or marry or whatever ... white women. Your man must have fallen in love with you for who you are. But that does not mean that all Indian men are like your man. If only you heard the things Indian men talk about white women, you would know that most use you only for the momentary physical part.
                      For long term relationships and family, Indian men prefer Indian women.
                      Indian women on the streets may give you the looks not because they are jealous-remember there are half a billion of them in this world-so no competition. They give you looks because the only thought going through their mind is that you two are sleeping around -its rather a dirty look they are giving you and PLEASE DO NOT MISTAKE IT FOR JEALOUSY.
                      I cannot but laugh at your comments that indian women are not preferred because they are fat, loud mean etc. Haven't you seen majority of white women that are Obese, loud, mean with no moral values-who sleep with any man at the drop of a hat. COMMON -GET REAL.
                      Your man may have have told you these as his reasons for choosing you because he knows you have an inflatable ego, need it boosted like this at the cost of slandering indian women so that you won't sleep with another guy that you meet round the corner. You white women are too easy.

Good luck sister and remember that the world looks at you white women as nothing more than physical objects.
                      Such a nonsense. wake up brother

Comment

A new dilemma...but relates

My situation may be strange to many of you, but my situation relates and Im so confused on what to do. I am mixed with asian (both japanese and Indian) and white but I just look white, as well as born and raised in America. As for following asian culture, the only thing my family did was take our shoes off in the house, and eat my grandmother's japanese cooking. Im completely different from my other siblings though and never really felt comfortable around most Caucasians, so most of my friends were of different ethnicities.... I went to India back in highschool and fully fell in love with indian culture (particularly punjabi). Before I went, I had visited the local gurdwara, but in India I learned a lot more about sikhism and later converted. Coming back to America, I felt even more out of place from American culture, as though i was an immigrant too. Now, Im completely in the desi community and so wrapped up in all of it, I hardly approve of modern american culture (not that I dont love living in America, its fun, but the typical american mindset of marriage, sex, family life, respect toward elders, etc, I find to be wrong....not how I would want to raise my children). It's so bazaar, because now I only find myself attracted to brown men and most of my friends are desi. However, despite how "indianized" i've become, most indian guys only want to take advantage of me, as they do with all white girls, rather then try and have any real intentions... Getting to the point, I feel more comfortable amongst (northern) east indians and the culture then i do any other... and live by it, but still, most Indian men I know would never consider a future with anyone other then an indian girl. I can completely understand why indian men wouldnt consider a typical american because the culture is so different and family values at stake, but im not your typical american. I dont want to find an indian guy who is looking for a green card, a complete americanized-indian (otherwise I might as well date a white guy), or even one who isnt at least to the same social standard and education level as my family and I....hope that doesnt make me sound like a snob lol... So is it possible for me to find a successful, educated, indian man who still loves his family and his desi culture, and who has a family who will accept and love me as any other indian girl? I dont know, but feel free to express your opinion (I think indians will get more of what I mean then americans though)... However, as for me, I know thats the only type i can see myself marrying.

Comment

Advice

Honestly I don't get why people are so up in arms over some of these issues. But for the latest post written. I am an Indian descendant born and raised in US. I don't think you need to worry about if an Indian guy is hitting on you just for sex or hooking up. Indian guys and allllllllll men in general for the most part have the notion of hooking up with alllllll women. Of course there are a few exceptions. For the most part i've had some of my friends marry white and others marry indian. I myself married an indian guy not because of the heritage but because we fell in love. You'll find an indian guy...trust me. But you should be open to anything and go with the flow. Sometimes looking for something so aggressively is a bad idea. It's really true...things happen for a reason!

This has been an interesting forum. Most of our guy friends that are indian actually have a hard time in our area trying to find an indian girl because they are marrying white. I don't think either side should be so judgmental. And not all of us indian girls are crazy.

But I also have to say that when I go to India or any of my girlfriends and relatives...we ALLLLLLLLLL have issues with the men there. They do that to majority of the women. There have been incidences where even the top celeb women have been groped. But in general its an issue in middle east/africa/asia where women are deemed more as objects and second class citizens. So I hate to burst your bubble but your not the only ones to be harassed...even my mom gets it.

Comment

Wow, I had no idea

I am a 31 year old white american and I am appalled at some of the posts I have read regarding american and indian stereotypes alike. I personally am in love with a Bengali currently residing in Bangalore. I went to visit him there and fell in love with the city..the country. While we were out together I noticed a few of the forementioned dirty looks..and alot of curiousity stares but overall, everyone was very welcoming and respectful towards me. White, black, brown, purple, green...people are ultimatelly just people. Customs vary from person to person but true beauty comes from being able to accept and love someone despite their differences.

We are encountering resistance from my parents and especially his parents concerning our backgrounds. I spoke with his sister after one of the many family fights over our relationship. Her response is that his parents had high hopes of him marrying another Bengali since she didn't marry one. I was pretty much left speechless after this...Skin color/country of orgin should not be the main quality that decides whether someone will love another.

We are still fighting the fight...but at least we are fighting together...

Comment

This is a message to Indian Royality

I was born in Indian and raised up in India. I am saying to you genuine things.

My friend has his virginity lost to his neighbour. Her husband was a government employee as he leaves for work one hour far she use to invite my friend. Well she is still a reputed women in the society.

I went abroad and Ilike white women honestly, Intially I thought they won't consider. But when I balanced it I came to know that they r really good. Indian girls make a person mad. Sadly in my beginning years the white gals didnt care so I ended up with another Indian girl a plump virgin. Well she went bak afte studies, then a married Indian women and other Indian girl.

White girls the problem is they change relationship so fast. Indian women won't. Some of the girls I know over couple of years changed 4-5 bf's. But its the culture they r bought up.

I love both of them.

Comment

why Indian men r poor in making a date

Indian man is not bought in adating culture.

They are bought in arranged marriage system so defo a girl is there.

But if u go towestern countires sinceu have less talent in dating u find its hillarious to find agirl...lol.

Most men who goabroad who marryIndian girl are:

1) those who dont knowhow tocook.

2) cannot get a white girl.

3) sex starved.so come back to India for food and sex. Am I right.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                                X