No announcement yet.

Approved by USCIS but still no update.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Approved by USCIS but still no update.

Hello everyone, I'm wondering if you can help me out with a bit of a query. My sister is a US Citizen born in CA, she and I applied for my citizenship in 2003 and everything was going smoothly, I even opened a PO Box in San Diego so I could receive US Mail faster and safer (I currently live in Tijuana México so I just cross the border to check my mail)

In 2009 I was approved by the USCIS with the following statement "On November 12, 2009, we approved your Form I-130, Immigrant Petition for Relative, Fiance(E), or Orphan, Receipt Number **** **** **** . We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice."

I did receive a notice to my PO Box and took it to a local immigration attorney in San Diego and I was informed that the letter basically stated that I needed to wait more time (about 6 to 8 more years). Since then I haven't received any new mail and when I go online to USCIS webpage I get the same message I got 7 years ago.

My questions are:
    1.- Is there another page where I can check my status, somewhere I can update my email, address, phone number or any other information if I have to?
    2.- Would you recommend hiring an immigration lawyer?
    3.- Is there a phone number where I can call and get a status update?

I'm getting a little concerned because I have no idea if someone tried to contact me or what information they have on file. At this point I don't know whats going on with my immigration status.

Any help would be much appreciated.

https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

Originally posted by Francisco Iñiguez View Post
    Hello everyone, I'm wondering if you can help me out with a bit of a query. My sister is a US Citizen born in CA, she and I applied for my citizenship in 2003 and everything was going smoothly, I even opened a PO Box in San Diego so I could receive US Mail faster and safer (I currently live in Tijuana México so I just cross the border to check my mail)

In 2009 I was approved by the USCIS with the following statement "On November 12, 2009, we approved your Form I-130, Immigrant Petition for Relative, Fiance(E), or Orphan, Receipt Number **** **** **** . We will mail your approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice."

I did receive a notice to my PO Box and took it to a local immigration attorney in San Diego and I was informed that the letter basically stated that I needed to wait more time (about 6 to 8 more years). Since then I haven't received any new mail and when I go online to USCIS webpage I get the same message I got 7 years ago.

My questions are:
    1.- Is there another page where I can check my status, somewhere I can update my email, address, phone number or any other information if I have to?
    2.- Would you recommend hiring an immigration lawyer?
    3.- Is there a phone number where I can call and get a status update?

I'm getting a little concerned because I have no idea if someone tried to contact me or what information they have on file. At this point I don't know whats going on with my immigration status.

Any help would be much appreciated.
    Follow the above link in the title.

Comment

Originally posted by Francisco Iñiguez View Post
      Your post is confusing. Is your sister a US citizen? Are you a citizen of Mexico, with US travel privileges? Did she petition you for an immigrant visa under the brother\sister provision?

Comment

Check the current dates for your category.

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
          Your post is confusing. Is your sister a US citizen? Are you a citizen of Mexico, with US travel privileges? Did she petition you for an immigrant visa under the brother\sister provision?
          Yes Daggit, it is very common for Mexican families (living in Mexico, near border cities) to cross the border with a tourist visa and have there newborns in the states and then just head on back to Mexico. In my case my mom, for some reason was in the states when pregnant with my sister but soon after relocated back to Mexico and had me, so this makes me a Mexican citizen and my sister a US citizen.

I currently have a tourist visa working and living in Mexico.

And yes she petitioned me under the brother/sister provision back in 2003.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Gruber View Post
            Follow the above link in the title.
            Thanks for the link Adrian but thats the only link I know of and its where I mention that I get the same message from 7 years ago. Is there any other link or number where I could check status in a more detailed way? This links informs me of what happened 7 yrs ago but with no future info of what am I supposed to be waiting for.

Comment

Originally posted by TarCas View Post
              Check the current dates for your category.
              Hello TarCas.
              I checked dates for category but its a bit confusing, as its says that they are still verifying cases from 1998, is this correct? Its been 13 yrs since I applied and by that chart looks like it will be another 8 yrs, I will be an old man by the time this gets done... LOL

Thanks for the reply, would you recommend I hire an attorney to speed things up or stay in the loop and don't miss anything?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X