President Obama is helping with my case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Obama is helping with my case

So I sent an email to the white house regarding my wife's I-601 waiver case. This morning I received an email stating that the White House has became involved with our case. I'm not sure what all of this means. I'm hoping that someone on this site has gone through this experience. Here is the email we received:

Re: Beneficiary, YYYY YYYY XX

Dear Mr. YYYY YYYY X:

Thank you for your inquiry to President Barack Obama the denial of your wife’s immigrant visa.

The White House referred your inquiry to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS), Customer Assistance Unit. Your inquiry has been assigned case # YYYY ZZZ. Our office is committed to helping USCIS customers resolve any problems they might have encountered when applying for immigration services and benefits.

We understand your concerns and are dedicated to providing you with accurate information and guidance. The Customer Assistance Unit has been in contact with the National Visa Center. The National Visa Center verified that your wife was interviewed on July 21, 2016, and the visa was not granted. The National Visa Center also indicated that your wife received information at the time of the interview to provide additional information.

We understand your desire to bring your wife to the United States. However, please note the U.S. Department of State is the visa-issuing authority for the United States. The State Department is the sole authority that can grant or deny visas based on the requirements specified in the Immigration and Nationality Act. Neither the President of the United States nor any USCIS official has the authority to modify the law to benefit a particular individual. For more information about visas and how to obtain them, please see the State Department website.

If you and your wife have specific questions about the case, you may contact the Consulate General in Ciudad Juarez, Mexico at (01-55) 5080-2000 or Fax them at (01-55) 50802005. In order to ensure a prompt response, the Subject Line of your fax should be the relevant National Visa Center case number.

As a matter of policy, USCIS does not give a legal opinion or advice to private individuals on immigration matters. If you need legal advice, but cannot afford to hire an attorney, we encourage you to visit our website.

If you need additional help or filing instructions, we suggest you visit our website at www.uscis.gov or call our National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Al Eskalis
    Chief of Customer Assistance and Liaison Office

This seems to be a response to a general inquity. You will need to take a look at the denial notice from the consulate to see why your wife's case was denied.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X