Maiden name on the passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maiden name on the passport

I'm about to have my interview for my IR-1 Visa Application in 2 months. I've had my passport before I married my husband and won't expire until 2018 so I still have my maiden name on it. I was instructed to put my married name on my IR-1 G325-A so that's what I did. However, I was instructed to put my maiden name on my DS 260 since it has to match my passport information.

Will this affect my visa approval? They told me it is up to me if I wanna change my passport to my married name but I would have to update my DS 260. Is it important to enter the USA with my married name or does it even matter? I fear that having my maiden name looks like I have no commitment to my marriage and that would be grounds for denial.

your visa will reflect the name on your passport. There is no requirement for a wife to take her husband's name after marriage; retaining a maiden name is not a basis for denial.

Comment

just have proof that both names are you, such as identification number you have for your country associated with both and birth certificate/papers that show names.

just a FYI, once in the USA, it doesn't matter so much if you take his name. don't feel forced. not everyone does it.
      Last edited by Moki1984; 09-08-2016, 04:06 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X