Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1B Visa Interview and Passport Validity expiration

Hello Everyone,

My Passport is getting expired on Jan 2018 and my L1-B VISA interview is schedule for Sept-2016 first week. I can see on the website the L1-B visa validity is for 3 years and extendable for 2 more years at maximum.

My assignment in US for 3 years which means Oct 2016 to Sept 2019(tentative), So I would like to know in my case where my passport is getting expired in Jan 2018, Whether I will be getting VISA for 3 years or not? Or what needs to be done to here?

For how long duration I may get by VISA dates and how to extend it in my scenario considiring I can renew my passport in US.

Please provide your expert opinion

Thanks
    GANJPR

Originally posted by GANJPR View Post
    Hello Everyone,

My Passport is getting expired on Jan 2018 and my L1-B VISA interview is schedule for Sept-2016 first week. I can see on the website the L1-B visa validity is for 3 years and extendable for 2 more years at maximum.

My assignment in US for 3 years which means Oct 2016 to Sept 2019(tentative), So I would like to know in my case where my passport is getting expired in Jan 2018, Whether I will be getting VISA for 3 years or not? Or what needs to be done to here?

For how long duration I may get by VISA dates and how to extend it in my scenario considiring I can renew my passport in US.

Please provide your expert opinion

Thanks
    GANJPR
    Yes, usually they will give you visa for 3 years and post Jan 2018, you need to travel with both the old passport (with visa sticker) and new passport.. there will be no issues.

Comment

GANJPR - any updates on this?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X