Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got a US greencard. What about just going back and forth between Canada and the US ev

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got a US greencard. What about just going back and forth between Canada and the US ev

I got a US greencard but have not moved to the US yet.

Since I currently live in Canada near the US border, can I just go back and forth to the US every 2~3 months in order to keep my green card for now?

Is there a chance that my greencard could be taken away by the US border agents if I just go back and forth for now?

Also, I would be crossing the border with a canadian registered car and a canadian driving license. Is this an issue?

Thanks in advance for your input

Multiple entries on a green card

Here is a link from ICE website that address your question in detail. I am assuming you have Canadian passport. If it is from any other foreign country then you may want to double check any visa requirements.

Comment

Originally posted by gcnowwhat View Post
      I got a US greencard but have not moved to the US yet.

Since I currently live in Canada near the US border, can I just go back and forth to the US every 2~3 months in order to keep my green card for now?

Is there a chance that my greencard could be taken away by the US border agents if I just go back and forth for now?

Also, I would be crossing the border with a canadian registered car and a canadian driving license. Is this an issue?

Thanks in advance for your input
      Frequent travel outside the US can be seen as intending to abandon US residence. At first it's fine to return every 2-3 months, but if you do it over and over again, eventually, the US agents will question your intention to stay in the US. You should try to maintain as many ties in the US as possible, such as having a US address, US ID (it'd be a good idea to get a US driver's license, for example), US credit card, job offer, school offer, etc. Also tell the US border agents that you are going home every time you enter.

Comment

Canadina Embassy

I honestly think you should call the Canadian Consulate/Embassy. The link I gave you last time pretty much answers your questions as far as the US is concerned.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X