Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

L2 visa appoinment dates jumped by two months over this weekend?!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L2 visa appoinment dates jumped by two months over this weekend?!!

Hi,

I was trying to get the L2 visa for my wife done from the Mumbai VAC centre. Just last Friday the nearest available date was 23rd August 2016 and now all of a sudden this has jumped ahead to November 1st 2016. Granted I was a little late in not locking in the date in Friday, but the NEFT transfer cleared just this morning.

Is it normal for the dates to jump so far out ahead? Should I wait for some more time to see if it is an IT error etc?

Let me know if someone had the same issue as I have.

Thanks,
    ~longgamma

But I have seen some reduction in waiting times on occasions.. so guess u can reschedule if u find an earlier date.

Seems there are quite long waiting times (70-130 calendar days !) for work visa stamping appointments in the various consulates in India.. Surprising that its so far ahead.. earlier it used to be between 1-3 weeks waiting.

Comment

Looking at the interview volumes, it seems like half of India is hoping to get visas to the US; it is crazy. Some days could see 200+ applicants in line for 7am-12pm interview slots; you do the math.

Summer and Fall are busiest with Tourist, Student, and Work visa applicants.

Comment

Originally posted by daggit View Post
        Looking at the interview volumes, it seems like half of India is hoping to get visas to the US; it is crazy. Some days could see 200+ applicants in line for 7am-12pm interview slots; you do the math.

Summer and Fall are busiest with Tourist, Student, and Work visa applicants.
        If volumes are high, there should be commensurate number of personnel to deal with these.. giving interview dates of 2-3 months ahead only for a stamping when most H1 /L1 (other than blanket) petitions already reviewed by USCIS is not so nice..

Comment

Originally posted by AKAI View Post
          If volumes are high, there should be commensurate number of personnel to deal with these..
          Consular staff numbers are governed by treaties on reciprocity. Volume of Indian applicants is way higher than US applicants. It's significantly more complex than simply 'adding more people'.

Originally posted by AKAI View Post
          .. giving interview dates of 2-3 months ahead only for a stamping when most H1 /L1 (other than blanket) petitions already reviewed by USCIS is not so nice..
          USCIS\NVC have no jurisdiction on Embassy workloads; each work at their own pace.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X