Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Niece how to bring her here legally

Hey all,
    I am married to USC and we are going to start the process to adjustment of status, we were wanting to bring my niece that lives in Brazil, I thought maybe we should adopt her since her mother is not financially able to take care of her, we asked about adoption and were told it was possible and that it wouldnt take long.
    she is 18 years old... we called a adoption lawyer but she havent called us back
    what do we need to do to bring my niece? I know that for the adoption only one parent have to be USC
    I know usually adoptions require home study, but she is my niece and we are nog going thru any agency...How does it all work.. if adoption isnt possible what can we do to bring her here legally so she can live with us. Please help us

Please read this USCIS document about adoption;

These tips can help you find what you are looking for: Check the URL (web address) for proper spelling and completeness; Use our

Other legal way to bring her over is as a student.

Originally posted by 1angell18
    Hey all,
    I am married to USC and we are going to start the process to adjustment of status, we were wanting to bring my niece that lives in Brazil, I thought maybe we should adopt her since her mother is not financially able to take care of her, we asked about adoption and were told it was possible and that it wouldnt take long.
    she is 18 years old... we called a adoption lawyer but she havent called us back
    what do we need to do to bring my niece? I know that for the adoption only one parent have to be USC
    I know usually adoptions require home study, but she is my niece and we are nog going thru any agency...How does it all work.. if adoption isnt possible what can we do to bring her here legally so she can live with us. Please help us

Comment

Originally posted by 1angell18
      Hey all,

She's not a minor, shes an adult......for immigration purposes, she cannot be adopted by you. She would have to be under 16 if adopted alone, or under 18 if youre also adopting on e of her siblings at the same time as her.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X