No announcement yet.

Returning to US at short notice;Is there enough time? Help greatly appreciated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returning to US at short notice;Is there enough time? Help greatly appreciated

I transitioned to H1-B from F1 on October 1st of 2015. Due to personal and family issues, I returned to India after quitting my job in the US in November, 2015. Now that issues have been resolved, I would like to return to the US on a long term basis. My H1-B was approved for a duration of 1 year from 2nd Oct, 2015 - 1st Oct, 2016.

I am working with my previous employer to see if they can have me back and also seeking other employers who can sponsor me.

Assuming I am successful in finding an employer who is willing to sponsor me, what would be the next steps? and more importantly, can all these steps be completed within a month's time before my I-797A expires? Will I have enough time to file an extension?

Any help and guidance greatly appreciated.

Originally posted by nanven88 View Post
    I transitioned to H1-B from F1 on October 1st of 2015. Due to personal and family issues, I returned to India after quitting my job in the US in November, 2015. Now that issues have been resolved, I would like to return to the US on a long term basis. My H1-B was approved for a duration of 1 year from 2nd Oct, 2015 - 1st Oct, 2016.

I am working with my previous employer to see if they can have me back and also seeking other employers who can sponsor me.

Assuming I am successful in finding an employer who is willing to sponsor me, what would be the next steps? and more importantly, can all these steps be completed within a month's time before my I-797A expires? Will I have enough time to file an extension?

Any help and guidance greatly appreciated.
    Do you have a valid H1 Visa stamp in passport?

You can travel on current I797 only if the current employer is willing to take you on board and is providing a latest employment letter.

If planning to join another employer then they would need to first file LCA and I129 for you, approval of which will get a new I797.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

I am yet to go for a stamping. I am waiting for a confirmation letter from my previous employer. My petition approval expires on the 1st of October, 2016. Will there be enough time to file for an extension?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X