Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of status while employer change

Hi,

I am in a situation of H1B employer change issue.

I entered USA with one employer and my stamped visa was valid till SEP 2015. I changed the employer to Company A in May 2015. I got approved petition and new I94 valid till 2018.

Currently ,I am working in client location through company A.

Due to some reason, I have decided to change from Company A to Company B (Company A and Company B are working for the same client).

Client manager is ready to rehire to my same position thruogh Company B. But as per client organization rules, I have to sit out from job for 30 working days for this internal change (30 Days=Gap between resignation day from Company A and rejoin date through Company B).

Consider my last working day in Company A is OCT 7th and rejoin date Nov 21st (30 working days gap)

Company B is ready to start my transfer process (Normal processing) two weeks before Oct 7th (That means I will get petition reciept before OCT 7th). But Company B told me that there wont be any pay for the period from OCT 7th- Nov 21st.

So in this scenario, I have some questions, please help.

1) Since there wont be any pay from OCT 7th - Nov 21st, I will be in OUT OF STATUS? It will effect my green card processing in future?
    a) If I will be in OUT OF STATUS due to above reason, what is the best way to avoid that?
    2) I should not leave USA till the H1B transfer completes and I get the approved I797. Is that correct?
    3) Any other things I need to take care while this transfer situation?

Thanks
    Cool USA

Originally posted by CoolUSA2016 View Post
    Hi,

I am in a situation of H1B employer change issue.

I entered USA with one employer and my stamped visa was valid till SEP 2015. I changed the employer to Company A in May 2015. I got approved petition and new I94 valid till 2018.

Currently ,I am working in client location through company A.

Due to some reason, I have decided to change from Company A to Company B (Company A and Company B are working for the same client).

Client manager is ready to rehire to my same position thruogh Company B. But as per client organization rules, I have to sit out from job for 30 working days for this internal change (30 Days=Gap between resignation day from Company A and rejoin date through Company B).

Consider my last working day in Company A is OCT 7th and rejoin date Nov 21st (30 working days gap)

Company B is ready to start my transfer process (Normal processing) two weeks before Oct 7th (That means I will get petition reciept before OCT 7th). But Company B told me that there wont be any pay for the period from OCT 7th- Nov 21st.

So in this scenario, I have some questions, please help.

1) Since there wont be any pay from OCT 7th - Nov 21st, I will be in OUT OF STATUS? It will effect my green card processing in future?
    a) If I will be in OUT OF STATUS due to above reason, what is the best way to avoid that?
    2) I should not leave USA till the H1B transfer completes and I get the approved I797. Is that correct?
    3) Any other things I need to take care while this transfer situation?

Thanks
    Cool USA
    Duplicate thread http://www.immihelp.com/forum/showth...f-status-query

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X