Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 Stamping in Ottawa, ON

Hi everyone,

I am an Indian citizen currently on the H4 visa. I worked for over 4 years on F1 OPT and H1B after completing my Masters and due to various reasons after marriage, I moved from H1B to H4 visa. I recently got approved for my visitor visa in Canada and am planning on going to Ottawa for my H4 stamping. It is unlikely that my spouse will be able to join me for my stamping and I am okay to go alone BUT here are some questions -

1) Can I go for a Change of Status (H1B --> H4) stamping in Canada ? (not my home country).

2) Is it recommended to go for the H4 stamping without my husband ? I have all the appropriate paperwork but the H1B visa on his passport is valid until 11/11/2016

3) I have my previous H1B visa on my passport valid until Dec 24 2016. I have my H4 I-797A valid until 2018. Would I be able to use my previous H1B stamping and my current H4 Legal Status to travel in and out of the country legally?

My husbands companys attorney will not comment and advice on my status as they technically represent only him as he is the employee.

Look forward to hearing back on some inputs on whether or not I can go to Canada alone without my husband for H4 stamping. Only reasons I don't want to go to India for stamping is due to time constraints, accessibility and cost of travel

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X