H1 to H4 to H1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 to H4 to H1

Hello . I am currently in USA and holding H1B visa , working now for around. 2 yrs . Now my husband got a different job and hence i am planning to move to H4 as I am not getting a job in the new location . I would like to know how soon can I move to H1 status if I get new job in new location . Also, my husband is also in H1 status.

Please let me know if there is anything I should be worried on the COS. Thanks!

Originally posted by anjana1980 View Post
    Hello . I am currently in USA and holding H1B visa , working now for around. 2 yrs . Now my husband got a different job and hence i am planning to move to H4 as I am not getting a job in the new location . I would like to know how soon can I move to H1 status if I get new job in new location . Also, my husband is also in H1 status.

Please let me know if there is anything I should be worried on the COS. Thanks!
    The biggest worry is time. It can take upto 6 Months for H1 to H4 COS to approve. And without H1 to H4 approval first you cannot file H4 to H1. You can avoid dependency on time and save a lot of it if you leave US and re enter on H4 visa.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. So in the mean time i.e if I get a job from the current employer/new employer is there a provision for withdrawing the COS and then directly move to H1 using premium processing . Thanks !

Comment

Originally posted by anjana1980 View Post
        Thanks for the reply. So in the mean time i.e if I get a job from the current employer/new employer is there a provision for withdrawing the COS and then directly move to H1 using premium processing . Thanks !
        If you withdraw the pending COS you will go out of status.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Thanks Raghvi , so another thing after getting the
          H4 receipt and then I find a new employer who is willing to offer a job and if that H1 is approved in premium then can I send a withdrawal notice of my earlier H4 ? Thanks !

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X