H4 visa stamping second marriage - Need help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H4 visa stamping second marriage - Need help

My first wife and I were in US during 2002 - 2004. We went back to India and living separately from 2004. I was living with another girl from 2005 and we had kids in 2006. After a prolonged battle I got divorce in 2014 , we registered our marriage in 2014. Now I am planning to get H4 visa for my wife and kids. I am not sure how consulate team will understand as my marriage date is 2014 but my kids birth date is in 2006. Really need suggestions.

Originally posted by sraj2016 View Post
    My first wife and I were in US during 2002 - 2004. We went back to India and living separately from 2004. I was living with another girl from 2005 and we had kids in 2006. After a prolonged battle I got divorce in 2014 , we registered our marriage in 2014. Now I am planning to get H4 visa for my wife and kids. I am not sure how consulate team will understand as my marriage date is 2014 but my kids birth date is in 2006. Really need suggestions.
    Your own kids or kids of your current wife not genetically related to you?

I think it will be fine as long as you have previous divorce documents as well as current marriage certificate.

A. Definition of Child The definition of “child” for citizenship and naturalization differs from the definition used for other parts of the Immigration and

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      Your own kids or kids of your current wife not genetically related to you?

I think it will be fine as long as you have previous divorce documents as well as current marriage certificate.

A. Definition of Child The definition of “child” for citizenship and naturalization differs from the definition used for other parts of the Immigration and

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Thanks Raghvi, kids are our own and we do have divorce certificate and marriage certificate registered in 2014. Same mentioned when I filled my DS160.

Comment

Originally posted by sraj2016 View Post
        I had posted a response to your query, but either it accidentally never got posted, or got deleted by the mods. Odd!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X