Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wife has valid L1B, husband on B2?

Hello,

My wife is visiting US next month using L1B visa for couple of months and will be returning to India at the end of November. I have plans to accompany her for the last 3 weeks of her stay in US to explore some places on tourism purpose. I have tried to apply for L1 dependent visa, but I got the appointment date after 4 months only and by that time she will be returning to India itself so planning to apply B2 travel visa to visit. I have the below questions,

1) Does my visa get rejected saying why you are not applying under L1 dependent category since my wife is going in L1B visa?
    2) Can I mention that my wife will be sponsoring my visit?
    3) Does my name need to be mentioned in my wife's passport?
    4) What are the supporting documents i need to provide during my B2 visa interview in this case.?
    5) Do i need to submit marriage certificate for this?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Arun

Originally posted by arunkarthick View Post
    Hello,

My wife is visiting US next month using L1B visa for couple of months and will be returning to India at the end of November. I have plans to accompany her for the last 3 weeks of her stay in US to explore some places on tourism purpose. I have tried to apply for L1 dependent visa, but I got the appointment date after 4 months only and by that time she will be returning to India itself so planning to apply B2 travel visa to visit. I have the below questions,

1) Does my visa get rejected saying why you are not applying under L1 dependent category since my wife is going in L1B visa?
    2) Can I mention that my wife will be sponsoring my visit?
    3) Does my name need to be mentioned in my wife's passport?
    4) What are the supporting documents i need to provide during my B2 visa interview in this case.?
    5) Do i need to submit marriage certificate for this?
    Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Arun
    1. Possible.
    2. Yes, but then you are projecting yourself as dependent and questioned why not L2. B2 is a visitor visa where you have to show as much self sufficiency as possible, thereby giving confidence to the officer that you will return.
    3. Its is good to have but if you have marriage certificate its not a necessity.
    4. Your latest salary slips, travel itinerary etc, B2 related documents.
    5. Yes.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      1. Possible.
      2. Yes, but then you are projecting yourself as dependent and questioned why not L2. B2 is a visitor visa where you have to show as much self sufficiency as possible, thereby giving confidence to the officer that you will return.
      3. Its is good to have but if you have marriage certificate its not a necessity.
      4. Your latest salary slips, travel itinerary etc, B2 related documents.
      5. Yes.

This is my opinion not legal advice.
      Hi Raghvi,

Thanks for the suggestion. In this case do I need to submit the photocopy of my spouse's visa or my spouse's flight itinerary since i will be returning with her to India after her visit.

Thanks in Advance.
      Last edited by arunkarthick; 08-25-2016, 11:41 PM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X