Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 221(G) and the current status is "Approved" for my H1B,Need your advice

Hi,

This is rather a very long back story.My petitioner applied for H1B in the year 1998 and i got the approval notice by the year end of 1998 and when i went to the Chennai-consulate for H1B stamping the Visa officer denied the visa and game me a white letter striking 221(G) and by mentioning last 3 yrs of IRS returns and Photos of Business from my petitioner and my petitioner sent me IRS returns and i again went for Visa with in couple of weeks and this time he game me another 221(g) letter mentioning REVOCATION on it.I informed the same to my petitioner and he said they would follow up on this and asked me to wait for a month or so and after couple of months he said that they sent all the needed documents to the consulate.

I continued with my current employment in India and progressed well in my career and never bothered to check back on that as the petitioner never got back to me on the status of 221(g) and in all these years i went to USA on B1 visa several times from my current employers.

Recently when i inadvertently checked the status of my old H1B Receipt NO on USCIS website its showing "Case Was Approved".
    What does this mean after refusing my H1B on grounds of 221(g) long back?I am little confused on this.Can you pls. advise on this as to whether i can treat that my 221(g) was reversed and whether its of any use to me now.i.e if i have another petitioner file for H1B can i use this approval for the same.I highly appreciate your knowledgeable response on this.

Originally posted by kumarkb View Post
    Hi,

This is rather a very long back story.My petitioner applied for H1B in the year 1998 and i got the approval notice by the year end of 1998 and when i went to the Chennai-consulate for H1B stamping the Visa officer denied the visa and game me a white letter striking 221(G) and by mentioning last 3 yrs of IRS returns and Photos of Business from my petitioner and my petitioner sent me IRS returns and i again went for Visa with in couple of weeks and this time he game me another 221(g) letter mentioning REVOCATION on it.I informed the same to my petitioner and he said they would follow up on this and asked me to wait for a month or so and after couple of months he said that they sent all the needed documents to the consulate.

I continued with my current employment in India and progressed well in my career and never bothered to check back on that as the petitioner never got back to me on the status of 221(g) and in all these years i went to USA on B1 visa several times from my current employers.

Recently when i inadvertently checked the status of my old H1B Receipt NO on USCIS website its showing "Case Was Approved".
    What does this mean after refusing my H1B on grounds of 221(g) long back?I am little confused on this.Can you pls. advise on this as to whether i can treat that my 221(g) was reversed and whether its of any use to me now.i.e if i have another petitioner file for H1B can i use this approval for the same.I highly appreciate your knowledgeable response on this.
    A cap is valid only for 6 Years if not used. This happened over 15 Years back, I dont think it is of any use.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X