Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

J1 Visa research scholar, applying for residency this year.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J1 Visa research scholar, applying for residency this year.

Hello,
    My name is Harikrishna Bandla and I am now on J1 visa status working as a research scholar. I will apply for residency this year and will likely apply for J1 Visa for alien physician status If matched. Now,This comes. Can somebody explain what this means to me. 212(e) applies for me.

All initial applicants for ECFMG J-1 sponsorship are advised that sponsorship eligibility should not be presumed and cannot be determined until a complete review of an individual’s U.S. visa history has been conducted. The DoS has expressed concern about individuals with a history of “transiting non-immigrant visa types” and has advised ECFMG against sponsoring individuals who previously held J status and switched to an alternate visa classification or J category before applying to ECFMG. Therefore, any history of multiple changes in visa classification and/or movement between multiple J categories may negate sponsorship eligibility.

ECFMG-sponsored physicians must accept the following basic requirements of J-1 visa status:

The J-1 Exchange Visitor visa is a temporary, non-immigrant visa reserved for educational training purposes. (Spouse and children are referred to as J-2 dependents.) Full-time participation in the approved training program is required to maintain J-1 status.
    All J-1 physicians sponsored by ECFMG for clinical training are subject to the two-year home country physical presence (foreign residence) requirement of §212(e) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended. A Statement of Need from the physician’s country of last legal permanent residence is a J-1 sponsorship requirement and serves to evidence home country support for the U.S. training and provide assurance of an applicant’s commitment to return home.
    Approval of the J-1/J-2 visa depends in part upon the applicant’s ability to prove strong ties to the home country and a clear intent to return home upon completion of or early withdrawal from training, as mandated by §214(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended.

Hey

How did things work out for you? Did you match? I am in exactly the same position as you, unfortunately i didn't match this year. I know at least one person who has transferred from J1 research scholar to J1 physician. All the best

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X