OCI Re-Issue Adult after getting new US passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI Re-Issue Adult after getting new US passport

Hi, I am looking for some inputs . Washington Indian Consulate (actually CKGS) is asking for original old US passport and original OCI card (booklet) to be sent. This is initial application for OCI -reissue. I sent the documents as per the CKGS. There is no mention of sending original old US passport and OCI. Not CKGS is saying document incomplete and requested to send the Old US passport and current OCI book. Has any one send these two to CKGS Washington office? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Originally posted by manjuy View Post
    Hi, I am looking for some inputs . Washington Indian Consulate (actually CKGS) is asking for original old US passport and original OCI card (booklet) to be sent. This is initial application for OCI -reissue. I sent the documents as per the CKGS. There is no mention of sending original old US passport and OCI. Not CKGS is saying document incomplete and requested to send the Old US passport and current OCI book. Has any one send these two to CKGS Washington office? Any help is appreciated. Thank you.
    original OCI card as well as U-Visa passport is mandatory to submit at the beginning process. no other original documents will be as at the beginning

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by proonindiandoc View Post
      original OCI card as well as U-Visa passport is mandatory to submit at the beginning process. no other original documents will be as at the beginning
      Thank You

Comment

I would not bother!

Originally posted by manjuy View Post
        Thank You
        Immigration check points in India do not go by this stupid requirement. I just talked to a family who had their OCI cards issued while their children were 5 and 7 years old and they told me that the whole family just traveled to India WITHOUT having their OCI cards reissued (instead, they carried with them the original OCI cards, old passports (with the U Visa stickers on them) and new passports!)

The age stipulation that requires OCI reissued (as described in the rule) applies to children <21 and adults >49 but there is no enforcement of this when it comes to passing through immigration in India! So why bother!

Comment

Originally posted by ProNRI View Post
          Immigration check points in India do not go by this stupid requirement. I just talked to a family who had their OCI cards issued while their children were 5 and 7 years old and they told me that the whole family just traveled to India WITHOUT having their OCI cards reissued (instead, they carried with them the original OCI cards, old passports (with the U Visa stickers on them) and new passports!)

The age stipulation that requires OCI reissued (as described in the rule) applies to children <21 and adults >49 but there is no enforcement of this when it comes to passing through immigration in India! So why bother!
          as i told, many times! ppl don't believe

Comment

The scare tactic is working!

Originally posted by proonindiandoc View Post
            as i told, many times! ppl don't believe
            I agree, but the scare tactic used by the Indian government (and their partners in crime, namely CKGS) is still working! It fooled me too and I almost fell for it!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X