Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EAD expedite request

Hi everyone,

I applied for Adjustment of Status (got married to a US citizen) recently and sent the EAD and Advance Parole applications too. Some dates here:
    6/27/16 USCIS received my whole package
    07/25/16 Biometrics done
    08/05/16 I received a notice requesting initial evidence
    08/18/16 USCIS received the initial evidence

I called USCIS a couple of days ago to ask when my EAD was going to arrive since I just received a job offer and have to answer to the company soon. The USCIS agent said that my "clock" was reset at 0 on August 18th because that's when they received all the information needed to process my case, meaning my EAD and Advance Parole could take an additional 75 days to arrive. Not happy with this, I researched a little bit and found the expedite request. Apparently a lot of people that get job offers request to expedite their EAD applications and send it through their state's congressman and get it approved really quickly.

Before I go ahead and do this, I would like to ask the following: I arrived to the US under the ESTA Visa Waiver Program, and got married to a US citizen by the end of the 90-day period I was allowed to stay. I believe as a tourist I'm not allowed to look for a job, but I ended up getting a job offer from an organization where I currently volunteer. Do you think that requesting to expedite my application because I got a job offer could damage my process since I was not supposed to look for a job as a tourist? Or does that condition end once I applied for Adjustment of Status?

Thank you so much for your help.

Lucia

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X