Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI application - Sworn Affidavit of Spouse

Hello,
    I just started the process for a "New OCI Card - Adult - US Passport Holder" and am going through the document checklist to understand what is required. Item #6 in the checklist is not clear.

SWORN AFFIDAVIT
    Sworn Affidavit of spouse is required if the spouse of an applicant is a foreign national. The form should be filled completely and signed by both applicant and spouse, also same should be notarized.

There is no form for this in the list of forms. What is the content of this affidavit?

Thanks in advance,
    PV

This is the response I got when I inquired via the contact form on the site:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting CKGS.

With regards to your query, If you are applying on the basis of your spouse than, click on the below link and download the form.

We appreciate your time and patience.

This makes no sense because if my spouse is a foreign national, I wouldn't be applying on the basis of spouse. Also this form is referenced in another section of the checklist, #13.

I also called the helpline and got essentially the same response. The person was very helpful but didn't seem to quite understand the nuance of my question.

Sigh...

Comment

The CKGS website is horribly botched. They seem to have mindlessly copied entries from the document checklist for oci applications for foreign spouses to the checklist for OCI applications for persons of Indian origin. Obviously the sworn affidavit does not apply for you, only for your spouse if/when she applies for her own OCI card.

Comment

Here is what number 6 says.

Sworn Affidavit of spouse is required if the spouse of an applicant is a foreign national. The form should be filled completely and signed by both applicant and spouse, also same should be notarized.

To me first sentence was enough, even though i am not applying on the basis of my spouse. Check list doesn't say that if you are applying on the basis of spouse. So for my application, i filled it, got notarized with both of us signing the document.
        My application for OCI was done in 45 days, end to end.

Comment

Originally posted by PVMJ View Post
          This is the response I got when I inquired via the contact form on the site:

Dear Applicant,

Thank you for contacting CKGS.

With regards to your query, If you are applying on the basis of your spouse than, click on the below link and download the form.

We appreciate your time and patience.

This makes no sense because if my spouse is a foreign national, I wouldn't be applying on the basis of spouse. Also this form is referenced in another section of the checklist, #13.

I also called the helpline and got essentially the same response. The person was very helpful but didn't seem to quite understand the nuance of my question.

Sigh...

CKGS website is horrible because it is builded bu nobrainer people in India. this form is only apply to foreign spouse apply oci basis on Indian origin. if you are indian origin is not apply to you at all

Comment

Originally posted by Marc7 View Post
            My application for OCI was done in 45 days, end to end.
            Hello Marc7,

As you have obtained an OCI card, you will know the details of the procedure. Could you please help me with some doubts? Here they are:

1. Should I apply for OCI card after cancelling my Indian passport? If yes, what is the procedure to cancel the Indian passport?

2. Are these 2 processes (cancellation of passport and application for OCI card) completely done online? If yes, could you provide me a reliable site?

3. Finally, what are the documents I would need to submit towards my application for OCI card?

I am an Indian citizen, born in Europe but brought up in India. One of my parents is an Italian, and I am in the process of acquiring Italian nationality (by blood).

Any kind of suggestions would be of great help. Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X