Fiance Visa and my child

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiance Visa and my child

Hi everyone, i'm new here and about to start the fiancee visa process. My boyfriend is a US citizen and lives in the USA. He is going to petition for me and my daughter to come live with him. I'm worried about many things but i do have one question: Do i need a letter from my daughters dad, stating he gives me full authority over my daughter, when petitioning for the fiancee visa? We have never been married and have been separated for more than 5 yrs.

It depends on paternity rights rules in effect in your particular country. In what country are you and child living?

--Ray B

Originally posted by bznginger2016 View Post
    Hi everyone, i'm new here and about to start the fiancee visa process. My boyfriend is a US citizen and lives in the USA. He is going to petition for me and my daughter to come live with him. I'm worried about many things but i do have one question: Do i need a letter from my daughters dad, stating he gives me full authority over my daughter, when petitioning for the fiancee visa? We have never been married and have been separated for more than 5 yrs.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      It depends on paternity rights rules in effect in your particular country. In what country are you and child living?

--Ray B
      I am from Belize, Central America

Comment

I am from Belize, Central America
        I do have another question in regards to the petition for my fiancee visa, do i do a seperate petition for my daughter, or her information just goes on the petition form for me?

Comment

Children under 21 are included for derivative K2 visas if listed on your I-129F petition.

--Ray B

I do have another question in regards to the petition for my fiancee visa, do i do a seperate petition for my daughter, or her information just goes on the petition form for me?

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
            Children under 21 are included for derivative K2 visas if listed on your I-129F petition.

--Ray B
            on the I- 129 form it has a section that ask for information on your child/children, i assume thats all the info they will need for the petition section until further into the process right?

Comment

Right, but include a copy of the child's birth certificate with your I-129F submittal package.

--Ray B

on the I- 129 form it has a section that ask for information on your child/children, i assume thats all the info they will need for the petition section until further into the process right?

Comment

Application sent!

Just to let everyone know we sent off the documents today 9/19/2016!! Fingers Crossed!

Comment

Received email of receipt for Petition!

Just to inform everyone of the process. We received the email with the receipt of our case file today!

Comment

not sure of the country custodial laws, but you may need the permission of the other parent (if you have joint custody) to remove the child from the country. If anyone else knows something different?
                    --Good luck--
                    Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

The rules vary by country and whether the visa applicant has primary or physical custody.

The OP is from Belize. For Philippines, no special permission is needed for custodial parent to remove child from that country, unless there is a court order forbidding the child to be removed wihout permission of the absent parent.

--Ray B

Originally posted by PKumar01 View Post
                      not sure of the country custodial laws, but you may need the permission of the other parent (if you have joint custody) to remove the child from the country. If anyone else knows something different?

Comment

Form I-129F approved!

Hi Everyone, just to keep everyone updated, our petition was approved yesterday 18th October, 2016.

Comment

Hi Everyone, just to keep everyone updated, our petition was approved yesterday 18th October, 2016.
                          Congratulations. On to the interview...
                          --Good luck--
                          Good luck. I learned the hard way, I hope you don't have to. Immigration is interesting. Not considered as legal advice.

Comment

Originally posted by PKumar01 View Post
                            Congratulations. On to the interview...
                            Thank you! A bit nervous about the interview...question: will they need to interview my daughter too? shes 9yrs old.

Comment

The Embassy officer need to "see" all visa applicants, regardless of age.

--Ray B

Thank you! A bit nervous about the interview...question: will they need to interview my daughter too? shes 9yrs old.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X