Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Same employer, change from E3 to EAD (on E3D)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Same employer, change from E3 to EAD (on E3D)

Hi,

I'm new to posting on this forum, but have been a long time lurker. Looking forward to getting more involved!

I currently hold both an E3 and an E3D (with matching EAD). I first came to the US on an E3D (attached to my wife's E3). Shortly thereafter I found a job (before my EAD came through), and so got my own E3 so I could start work sooner.

I am now looking to change jobs. When I next leave the country, can I re-enter on my E3D without notifying my current employer? Or, does the employer need to re-verify my eligibility to be employed? Does anyone actually understand what the employer needs to do to check work authorization?

This would make it much easier when I do get a job offer, as I can start work right away with no restrictions (on my EAD), and no need to bother getting a new E3 until the E3D expires.

I'm thinking it should be fine as I'm authorized to work on both visas, but keen to hear the collective wisdom of the Immihelp community.

Thanks,
    Nick

E3D to E3

Hi Nick,

Do you have an idea of the process of transferring from an E3D to and E3. I am working now on E3D but want my company to get me on E3. Before I approach them, I want to make them aware of the process, to let them know that it is not as complicated as H1B visa. Any help would be highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X