sponsoring my parents, questions about I-864 and I-864a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sponsoring my parents, questions about I-864 and I-864a

I am a citizen, but I don't have income and my husband would not to sponsor my parents. My sister is a green-card holder, she would sponsor my parents as a co-sponsor and she lives in another state with her family members. So there are some questions about the forms I-864 and I-864a:

1. I need to fill in I-864 and I-864a; my sister need to fill in just I-864a, is that correct?

2. In my sister's I-864a, Part 2. Your (the Household Member's) Relationship to the Sponsor, shall she fill it as 1.c Brother or sister? It feels like cheating because she isn't my household member.

3. In Part 5. Sponsor's Promise, Statement, Contact Information, Certification, and Signature , shall I fill this part of my sister's I-864a too?

4. Still in Part 5, I filled my father and my mother's information separately in Intending Immigrant Number 1 and Intending Immigrant Number 2, what shall I fill in in (Indicate Number) if this form is prepared for my father?

Thanks in advance.

Read all the pages at https://https://www.immihelp.comhttp...it-of-support/

If you have still any specific questions, please post them here.
    Immihelp Support
    No legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Visa and Greencard Tracker

Visitor Medical Insurance for your visiting relatives.

Comment

Ingarnet,

1. Your sponsorship processing would be smoother if your sister uses an I-864. She can qualify as a household member co-sponsor to justify the I-864A, but that complicates the review procss.
      2. N/A if she uses the I-864.
      3. N/A if she uses the I-864
      4. You must use separate I-864's for mother and father, same for your co-sponsor. For each sponsorship package, only count one of the parents.

--Ray B

Originally posted by imgarnet View Post
      I am a citizen, but I don't have income and my husband would not to sponsor my parents. My sister is a green-card holder, she would sponsor my parents as a co-sponsor and she lives in another state with her family members. So there are some questions about the forms I-864 and I-864a:

1. I need to fill in I-864 and I-864a; my sister need to fill in just I-864a, is that correct?

2. In my sister's I-864a, Part 2. Your (the Household Member's) Relationship to the Sponsor, shall she fill it as 1.c Brother or sister? It feels like cheating because she isn't my household member.

3. In Part 5. Sponsor's Promise, Statement, Contact Information, Certification, and Signature , shall I fill this part of my sister's I-864a too?

4. Still in Part 5, I filled my father and my mother's information separately in Intending Immigrant Number 1 and Intending Immigrant Number 2, what shall I fill in in (Indicate Number) if this form is prepared for my father?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by imgarnet View Post
        You're somewhat vague, but I assume you meant you're a United States Citizen. Under the scenario you descried, only you can petition your parents for a green card. Neither can your husband, nor your sister. They may, however, be your co-sponsors for affidavits of support.

Comment

Thanks for your responses.

So the best way to sponsor my parents should be that I and my sister fill in the I-864 respectively. Thanks again.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X