Renunciation Fee for lost India passport

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renunciation Fee for lost India passport

i guys, i have a question pertaining to the renunciation topic.

My wife came to the us in 1993 and became naturalized in 2003. Her Indian passport was stolen (still not clear on the date on exactly when) and they didn't have any photocopies of the passport so for all purposes, as of today, we have no details about her passport (date of issue, expiration, passport #, etc.)

I am filing for her renunciation, but because i do not have the Expiration Date of most recent Indian Passport, CKGS is charging her $250 fee because of the following:

"if you last held indian passport expires after Jan 1, 2005 and if more than 3 years have passed between naturalized date and today's date, $250 penalty applies"

Is there anything else i can do to avoid the $250 fee because there's a pretty good chance her indian passport expired prior to Jan 2005, but there's no way for us to prove it.

Thanks in advance!

Suppporting documents in lieu of the lost passport.

Originally posted by rahul77d View Post
    i guys, i have a question pertaining to the renunciation topic.

My wife came to the us in 1993 and became naturalized in 2003. Her Indian passport was stolen (still not clear on the date on exactly when) and they didn't have any photocopies of the passport so for all purposes, as of today, we have no details about her passport (date of issue, expiration, passport #, etc.)

I am filing for her renunciation, but because i do not have the Expiration Date of most recent Indian Passport, CKGS is charging her $250 fee because of the following:

"if you last held indian passport expires after Jan 1, 2005 and if more than 3 years have passed between naturalized date and today's date, $250 penalty applies"

Is there anything else i can do to avoid the $250 fee because there's a pretty good chance her indian passport expired prior to Jan 2005, but there's no way for us to prove it.

Thanks in advance!
    Do you have any other supporting documents in lieu of the lost passport (school leaving certificate, birth certificate, etc). I am really shocked that they are charging $250 penalty instead of being sympathetic! Try to call CKGS for guidance.
    Last edited by ProNRI; 09-10-2016, 11:14 PM. Reason: adding examples of supporting documents.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X