Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Very Urgent, Re Entry Permit But Valid GC

Hello,
    Please read my story then suggest me, I am a green card holder since 2014, i made a short trip to U.S in 2014 and got a green card but since i was a student so i had to get back to my home country to complete my studies so i applied for the re entry permit so i can go back and complete my studies. I have full intention to move myself there in U.S. Now i have completed my study so i booked my flight on 26 june but on 21 june i got a car accident and my femur bone(thigh) got fractured and i went through sergury and my doctor didnt allow me to travel atleast for 6weeks since i was in a non weight bearing condition and my re entry permit is expired on july 8th and my GC is valid till 2024. So iam confused now what should i do? should i go for returning resident or not? since my trip was for just 20days and i hvent made any ties there but my reason is totally beyond of my controls. Early respond would be appreciated.
    Last edited by Muhammad Salman Iqbal; 09-02-2016, 04:13 AM.

Originally posted by Muhammad Salman Iqbal View Post
    Hello,
    Please read my story then suggest me, I am a green card holder since 2014, i made a short trip to U.S in 2014 and got a green card but since i was a student so i had to get back to my home country to complete my studies so i applied for the re entry permit so i can go back and complete my studies. I have full intention to move myself there in U.S. Now i have completed my study so i booked my flight on 26 june but on 21 june i got a car accident and my femur bone(thigh) got fractured and i went through sergury and my doctor didnt allow me to travel atleast for 6weeks since i was in a non weight bearing condition and my re entry permit is expired on july 8th and my GC is valid till 2024. So iam confused now what should i do? should i go for returning resident or not? since my trip was for just 20days and i hvent made any ties there but my reason is totally beyond of my controls. Early respond would be appreciated.
    When was the last time you were in the US? Technically it's fine if you enter the US with your GC. But if you are away for longer than a year, there could be a problem. Speak to a US immigration lawyer about it.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X