Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1 Extension got RFE Due to no amendment for the previous client change

Hi,

My H1B visa got expired on June 16th 2016. My employer has applied for the extension on May 9th 2016 along with amendment. Now I made it premium and got RFE.

I have moved from the client A to Client B on June 29th 2015. But, my employer haven't applied for amendment at that time. Employer got new LCA for client B in June 2015 and I'm paying taxes to the state I'm working in for client B.
    This time he applied along with h1 extension.

RFE query: When the employee has moved to client B in June 2015, why there was no amendment ?

My employer is trying to respond to this RFE. Could you suggest what are the chances to get approval in this scenario.

I have to stay in US and I want keep status. What are the options I have. Please suggest.

Originally posted by sunee View Post
    Hi,

My H1B visa got expired on June 16th 2016. My employer has applied for the extension on May 9th 2016 along with amendment. Now I made it premium and got RFE.

I have moved from the client A to Client B on June 29th 2015. But, my employer haven't applied for amendment at that time. Employer got new LCA for client B in June 2015 and I'm paying taxes to the state I'm working in for client B.
    This time he applied along with h1 extension.

RFE query: When the employee has moved to client B in June 2015, why there was no amendment ?

My employer is trying to respond to this RFE. Could you suggest what are the chances to get approval in this scenario.

I have to stay in US and I want keep status. What are the options I have. Please suggest.
    What was the reason the amendment was not filed?

Comment

Originally posted by raghvi View Post
      What was the reason the amendment was not filed?
      Don't know exactly. I have assumed that employer might applied for the amendment. That was my mistake that I never confirmed with them. At that time, my attorney was not sure about the rule (again its my employers assumption).

Comment

Don't know exactly. I have assumed that employer might applied for the amendment. That was my mistake that I never confirmed with them. At that time, my attorney was not sure about the rule (again its my employers assumption).
        Hi All,

Please suggest something...

Comment

H1 Extension got RFE Due to no amendment for the previous client change

Of late the amendment rule became quite stringent. Your attorney might be able to assess the situation better.

Comment

Hi All,

Please suggest something...
            I am in the similar situation now. Could you please let me know what was the outcome of your RFE?

Comment

Originally posted by rs1582 View Post
              I am in the similar situation now. Could you please let me know what was the outcome of your RFE?
              My employer haven't responded yet.

Comment

Hi rs1582,

Do you have any updates from your end ? My employer is going to respond this week.

Comment

Hi rs1582,

Do you have any updates from your end ? My employer is going to respond this week.
                  Hi Sunee - My employer is yet to respond. I shall let you know as soon as I have some updates. Please let me know yours as well.

Comment

Hi Sunee - My employer is yet to respond. I shall let you know as soon as I have some updates. Please let me know yours as well.
                    My employer responded with out requesting extension of stay (just H1 extension approval with out I-94). I got approval with out I-94 and I went for stamping. I'm eligible for drop box and my visa got stamped.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                    X