breaking down these fees? im just beginning here sorry lol

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• breaking down these fees? im just beginning here sorry lol

We are just beginning this journey, remember when you first started? lol. I am trying to come up with a timeline (estimate) and fees and I am seeing a couple variations and unsure. Like some saying the i485 and others no , which as you know is like $1000 .

For a spousal visa , I am in the USA and he is in Egypt. Can someone break down for me the fees on each step of the way that you had and timeline between each? we are trying ot get this all organized.

Thank you

Originally posted by Moki1984 View Post
    We are just beginning this journey, remember when you first started? lol. I am trying to come up with a timeline (estimate) and fees and I am seeing a couple variations and unsure. Like some saying the i485 and others no , which as you know is like $1000 .

For a spousal visa , I am in the USA and he is in Egypt. Can someone break down for me the fees on each step of the way that you had and timeline between each? we are trying ot get this all organized.

Thank you
    2 to 3 months at uscis fee is $ 400 for I 130 in my case it was around 7 weeks

4 to 6 weeks at nvc stage fee is $ 445

1 to 2 months at his home country for medical and interview .

Toatal of 6 to 7 months from statrt to finish if you do correctly the first time . If you mess up something it will take forever , my suggestion to hire an expert . it will cost you another 1000 to 1200 but its worth it .

Comment

The I-130 submittal fee is $420.

There is no particular reason to pay anyone $1,000 for this procedure. The I-130 is only two pages, plus the one-page G-325A.

--Ray B

Originally posted by kevmit View Post

Toatal of 6 to 7 months from statrt to finish if you do correctly the first time . If you mess up something it will take forever , my suggestion to hire an expert . it will cost you another 1000 to 1200 but its worth it .

Comment

Originally posted by kevmit View Post

Did it really only take 7 weeks for your I-130 to be approved? Was this recently? My partner has just submitted mine and now the waiting begins. 5 months seems like an eternity to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by Nobody@12 View Post
          Did it really only take 7 weeks for your I-130 to be approved? Was this recently? My partner has just submitted mine and now the waiting begins. 5 months seems like an eternity to wait.
          I've just checked the processing website. Our petition was sent to Nebraska which is now only up to March 2 applications. Boooo. That's now 6 months minimum waiting. Same as Vermont which was much further behind before this update. Ugh!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X