Non declared arrest on p1 visa form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Non declared arrest on p1 visa form

I visited US on two P1 visa applications with a group of musicians. Between the petitions being sent and the trip happening, I was arrested for possession of drugs with no criminal conviction.
    When I attended the visa interview I saw that non declaration was a felony but knew that by declaring so the whole petition for group of 25 people would be invalid and the legal fees paid would be liable to me.
    I now have been asked to join another group on a trip to US and wonder what the consequences for that group would be (and indeed the other two groups before) if I continue to not declare the arrest, or in fact, this time, declare it and plead that the arrest happened post petition and therefore was not relevant to the visa applications previously?
    Thanks for any advice.

Everything about what you have done thus far is completely wrong. It is very selfish of you to not have declared your mistakes because of the liability of having to bear the cost of your mistake. You should have been up front an honest about the situation to everyone involved as this is not only a decision that affects you but also affects 25 other individuals.

As far as how your lying on a legal application for your own selfish reasons would fair with the other individual involved I would recommend you present this situation to them and see how it pans out with them. I am 100% positive that it will not go over well and you will be asked to not join the group on any trips for whatever it is you do.

You have literally gone from possession of drugs with no criminal conviction to potentially becoming Felon for not wanting to declare your mistake. There should never be a reason that you lie on a legal document be forthcoming with the information and bow out gracefully. Try not to mess up anymore that you already have.

The consequences could be quite serve for everyone if you do not declare and they find out which I am sure they will. You are potentially risking the other individuals not being able to go ahead to the states for competition of whatever it is you do being on a P1 visa and becoming a felon which could potentially keep you from coming to the states ever again.

This is not legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X