OCI card for derivative Asylee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OCI card for derivative Asylee

Can anyone tell me if a derivative asylee can apply for OCI card. My wife was 8 years old when she moved from India to US after her father received asylum from US. She is US citizen now and I'm planning to apply for her OCI card. So may I know she is eligible for OCI card and or consulate will rejection her application. Also, what if we do not declare that her father sought asylum. will this be any problem. I appreciate any help on this.

Thanks

Question 14 of the Additional Particulars Forman reads "Did the applicant or any of his parents ever apply for asylum? If yes, specify the particulars."
    On the other hand, if the OCI application is rejected, the application fee is supposed to be refunded.

Comment

Originally posted by Manni3608 View Post
      Can anyone tell me if a derivative asylee can apply for OCI card. My wife was 8 years old when she moved from India to US after her father received asylum from US. She is US citizen now and I'm planning to apply for her OCI card. So may I know she is eligible for OCI card and or consulate will rejection her application. Also, what if we do not declare that her father sought asylum. will this be any problem. I appreciate any help on this.

Thanks
      Hi Manni3608 I am us citizen acquired by asylum also I applied OCI Card Still it pending

Comment

Originally posted by seaman737 View Post
        Hi Manni3608 I am us citizen acquired by asylum also I applied OCI Card Still it pending
        Hi seaman737, I am curious if you received any update on your OCI. Please update. It will be very helpful.

Comment

Originally posted by seaman737 View Post
          Basically you will not get OCI, unless Consulate did not catch you are asylee. whoever had applied asylum will not qualify for OCI

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X