Is it easy to get EAD ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it easy to get EAD ?

I am J2 visa holder. Is it easy to get EAD with the intention to working in the financial domain?

If someone have EAD please guide and give me tips i am planning to apply next week.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks

J-2 ead

Hi there,

I just went through the process and it was fairly straight forward. Make sure you have a copy of all documents you send to the USCIS, and follow their instructions. Someone at your partner's institution may be able to help you gather the documentation you need. You can work anywhere you wish with this work permit and you don't need a offer to apply. However, you have to renew it every year.

Here is my timeline:

August 10th: Potomac Service Center received my application
    October 21st: I got an email saying my card had been mailed
    October 24th: I received my card in Philadelphia.

My process took exactly 72 days.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Charlielimacharlie View Post
      Hi there,

I just went through the process and it was fairly straight forward. Make sure you have a copy of all documents you send to the USCIS, and follow their instructions. Someone at your partner's institution may be able to help you gather the documentation you need. You can work anywhere you wish with this work permit and you don't need a offer to apply. However, you have to renew it every year.

Here is my timeline:

August 10th: Potomac Service Center received my application
      October 21st: I got an email saying my card had been mailed
      October 24th: I received my card in Philadelphia.

My process took exactly 72 days.

I hope this helps! Good luck!

Hi Charlie, thanks for your reply. I'm also applying for an EAD with my J2 visa. I'll have to return to Australia briefly while it is being processed - do you know if that will be a problem? Also, did you have a biometrics appointment?

Thanks again.

Comment

Apply for EAD

Originally posted by Majid Yousuf View Post
        I am J2 visa holder. Is it easy to get EAD with the intention to working in the financial domain?

If someone have EAD please guide and give me tips i am planning to apply next week.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
        Thanks
        Yes you can apply for EAD with proper document and when its approved you can start working
        Last edited by Antonise; 02-14-2017, 10:48 AM. Reason: banned website

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X