need help possible divorce after getting green card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help possible divorce after getting green card

hi so i've been on this page through all my GC process now its been 12 months since it started, last month i got my GC (conditional for 2 years) on my hands but before that i started to have some problems with my wife, we've been 5 years together, 2 years living together and 17 months married, everything was good i mean in every marriage they are some problems now and then but nothing serious now she doesn't want to be with me she says if we stay married for the 2 years so i dont have any problems just live apart, but i don't really want to do that i'm afraid she just one day she tells me lets get divorce and well i dont really know what to do or how to keep my GC i just want to hear some opinions or if someone is been through this before, please help i'm so glad i have this benefits honestly and i don't want to leave the country just because my marriage didn't work
    thanks for reading my post and i will wait for some responses if you have some questions go ahead ask me, if you have some suggestions tell me i will read everything.

Conditional Alien

Well, your visa is probably conditional. As described in the below link:

https://www.uscis.govhttps://www.imm...based-marriage

So, looks like you may be in a very difficult position. While soliciting advice on this forum is great but I strongly recommend getting a lawyer. I wish u all the best

Comment

You need a lawyer to talk to.

If you file for a divorce and you still have the conditional greencard you are going to lose it and that will definitely lead to deportation. Best of luck in your decision.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X