Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Experience on F1 visa stamping interview at US embassy in Ottawa (H4 toF1)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience on F1 visa stamping interview at US embassy in Ottawa (H4 toF1)

My visa interview was at 9:00 AM at US embassy in Ottawa. I spoke to the security of embassy the previous day and they asked me to be there 20 minutes prior to my interview time. I booked a hotel which is 5min (by walk) away from the embassy. On the interview day, I took all my supporting documents and my cell phone. I was at embassy by 8:30 AM, there were very few people and after going in they checked my Passport, Application confirmation letter, DS160 (Application with barcode on it) and I20. Then we go through scanning process. They provide small locker for cell phone.

They asked me to go to particular counter where they checked my Passport, Application confirmation letter, DS160 (Application with barcode on it) and I20 and took my finger prints. For some people, finger prints were taken at interview counter. Then they asked me to go to interview counter.

At interview counter

Officer: Can I have your passport?

Me: yes Mam (I gave my passport)

Officer: What is your status in Canada?

Me: Visitor (since I went on visitor visa)

Officer: What is your status in USA?

Me: Student

Officer: Can I have your I20?

Me: Sure Mam (I gave my I20)

Officer: Who is Mr.ABC (name of person sponsoring my education which was mentioned on I20)

Me: He is my .. (I told the relation)

Officer: Where does MR.ABC live?

Me: He lives in ..(I told the state in which he lives)

Officer: What is your major?

Me: Computer and information sciences

Officer: What is your highest secondary education?

Me: Bachelor’s Degree in India

Officer: Why masters in US?

Me: The Course work I am interested in (you can mention some topics offered by your college) is offered by (XYZ) college. So I planned to do my masters in this college.

Officer: Your visa is approved. (She gave me a paper which has detail to track the status of my passport). You will receive an email on the passport pickup location and date in 3 to 4 business days.

Me: Thankyou Mam. Have a good day.

Total interview time was 5 minutes. I entered the embassy at 8:35AM and came out at 9:10 AM.

Be confident and make sure to have all the supporting documents.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE !!!

Congratulations on getting your visa. I just got my admission from the University. I am currently on H4 visa (not stamped yet- started on Oct 01,2016) and need to apply for F1. Can you please give me information on how do I proceed regarding this? I am not familiar with this process and would appreciate any help from you.

Thank you,

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X