L1A/L2 Extension filed and also EAD for my wife

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1A/L2 Extension filed and also EAD for my wife

Hi - My company is about to file for my L1A visa extension along with my wife and daughter for L2 extension. Along with that they are also filing I-765 because my wife's EAD is expiring on Oct 17, 2016, though I have told them that I will be paying charges for premium processing from my side, which my company has agreed to.

Here is my question : Though we still have our visa validity till Feb 17, 2017 and I-94 valid till June, 2017 (except for my daughter who is minor and her I-94 has Admit until date same as her visa expiry date, because she traveled to India in June, 2015, hence she has different I-94 date then me and my wife).

Reason I want to get my extension filed under premium is because of my wife's EAD which is expiring in Oct, 2016. Hope my extension does not get denied or i will face any problem, just because I am filing for extension almost 4 months prior to our visa expire date and 9 months prior to my and my wife's I-94 expiry date of June, 2017.

Also in case our visa extension gets denied, as per my company I can still stay in the US till my and my wife's I-94 expiry date which is June, 2017. What about my daughter as her I-94 has "admit until date" as Feb, 2017, can she still stay with us till my and my wife's I-94 (till June 2017), since she is minor.

Can somebody help clarify above two points please. Highly appreciated

Response please

Can somebody please respond to my thread and question please.

Comment

Reply please

Can somebody reply to my question please.

Comment

Originally posted by ranjitskohli1970 View Post
        Hi - My company is about to file for my L1A visa extension along with my wife and daughter for L2 extension. Along with that they are also filing I-765 because my wife's EAD is expiring on Oct 17, 2016, though I have told them that I will be paying charges for premium processing from my side, which my company has agreed to.

Here is my question : Though we still have our visa validity till Feb 17, 2017 and I-94 valid till June, 2017 (except for my daughter who is minor and her I-94 has Admit until date same as her visa expiry date, because she traveled to India in June, 2015, hence she has different I-94 date then me and my wife).

Reason I want to get my extension filed under premium is because of my wife's EAD which is expiring in Oct, 2016. Hope my extension does not get denied or i will face any problem, just because I am filing for extension almost 4 months prior to our visa expire date and 9 months prior to my and my wife's I-94 expiry date of June, 2017.

Also in case our visa extension gets denied, as per my company I can still stay in the US till my and my wife's I-94 expiry date which is June, 2017. What about my daughter as her I-94 has "admit until date" as Feb, 2017, can she still stay with us till my and my wife's I-94 (till June 2017), since she is minor.

Can somebody help clarify above two points please. Highly appreciated
        What is the validity date of your I129/I797? Also, your post does not put a reason why your spouse got EAD Only till Oct 17 2016.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

answer to question

Validity date on my I129S is till 21st Feb, 2017 and visa expiry date is till 17 Feb, 2017 and I-94 dates for me and my wife's is Admit untill 07, July 2017.

I don't know the reason why my wife only got EAD till Oct 17, 2016, I did not explicitly checked this

Is it okay to file my extension under premium right now along with I765 for the extension of my wife's EAD?

Comment

Originally posted by ranjitskohli1970 View Post
            Validity date on my I129S is till 21st Feb, 2017 and visa expiry date is till 17 Feb, 2017 and I-94 dates for me and my wife's is Admit untill 07, July 2017.

I don't know the reason why my wife only got EAD till Oct 17, 2016, I did not explicitly checked this

Is it okay to file my extension under premium right now along with I765 for the extension of my wife's EAD?
            I would suggest first filing your daughter's extension, which hopefully come through by Dec. Then you can file all the further extensions together.

This is my opinion not legal advice.

Comment

Extension

Thanks Raghvi for the advise. My company is filing for my visa extension and I will be paying the attorney from my side for my wife's EAD extension (as our company will not pay that).

Though our I-94 is still valid till June 05, 2017, hope it is okay to file for extension under premium. I might have to travel to India in Dec, 2016 so I am planning to have my visa stamped, if my extension is approved before that. I hope USCIS does not deny my extension saying that I still have I-94 valid till June 2017?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X