Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Minimum earning requirement for spousal visa?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minimum earning requirement for spousal visa?

Hi,

What is the minimum earning needed to sponsor a spousal visa? Should the woman be earning minimum $ 30,000 per year to sponsor her non US citizen husband? I am afraid if this is true because then she can't sponsor my k3. She earns minimum because she is physically handicapped.

The income requiriement for an immigrant visa (CR-1, in your case) is about $21,000 (for married couple, a tad over $5,000 each for additional members of the household). Co-sponsors are routinely use during immigrant visa or conversion processing.

-Ray B

Originally posted by Affyn View Post
    Hi,

What is the minimum earning needed to sponsor a spousal visa? Should the woman be earning minimum $ 30,000 per year to sponsor her non US citizen husband? I am afraid if this is true because then she can't sponsor my k3. She earns minimum because she is physically handicapped.

Comment

Originally posted by rayb View Post
      The income requiriement for an immigrant visa (CR-1, in your case) is about $21,000 (for married couple, a tad over $5,000 each for additional members of the household). Co-sponsors are routinely use during immigrant visa or conversion processing.

-Ray B
      Thanks rayb for the reply

I researched more on k3 visa in this forum and found that it's obsolete or not a recommended option any more. The person I want to marry has some serious physical health issues because of which she can't even rent her house nor does she earn required $ 21,000 to sponsor CR-1 but as you said co-sponsorship is possible, so that's a relief.

Given the circumstances, we plan to marry and stay in India until I get a suitable opportunity to work in US. I am a software developer by profession.

So, do we need to petition for CR-1 through Direct Counselor Filing (DCF) because she will be living in India with me after marriage until I get CR-1 though DCF.

Comment

DCF is only an accommodation allowed by some U.S. embassies for petitioners who are residing in the applicant country to process visa issuance faster. You have to decide if you want the visa sooner or later before choosing between DCF of Stateside petition processing.

--Ray B

Thanks rayb for the reply

I researched more on k3 visa in this forum and found that it's obsolete or not a recommended option any more. The person I want to marry has some serious physical health issues because of which she can't even rent her house nor does she earn required $ 21,000 to sponsor CR-1 but as you said co-sponsorship is possible, so that's a relief.

Given the circumstances, we plan to marry and stay in India until I get a suitable opportunity to work in US. I am a software developer by profession.

So, do we need to petition for CR-1 through Direct Counselor Filing (DCF) because she will be living in India with me after marriage until I get CR-1 though DCF.

Comment

DCF is only an accommodation allowed by some U.S. embassies for petitioners who are residing in the applicant country to process visa issuance faster. You have to decide if you want the visa sooner or later before choosing between DCF of Stateside petition processing.

--Ray B
          Thanks Ray for the reply.

Stateside petition processing will not be an option for us as my wife will be staying with me in India after marriage until I get the CR-1 Visa. So, DCF looks more suitable for our situation. However, I am not sure if the requirement for sponsors to apply for CR-1 is same as that of file the petition from USA.

Comment

The sponsorship income requirements are the same whether the petition is processed as DCF or Stateside. The proof of sponsorship must be from income or liquid assets.

--Ray B

Thanks Ray for the reply.

Stateside petition processing will not be an option for us as my wife will be staying with me in India after marriage until I get the CR-1 Visa. So, DCF looks more suitable for our situation. However, I am not sure if the requirement for sponsors to apply for CR-1 is same as that of file the petition from USA.

Comment

The sponsorship income requirements are the same whether the petition is processed as DCF or Stateside. The proof of sponsorship must be from income or liquid assets.

--Ray B
              Hi Ray, I guess you have answered pretty much all the queries.

Thank you.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
              X