Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Start of 10 year ban

Hello all,

I wasn't sure in which thread to ask this question so I figured I'll do it in this one. I need some sound advice so I'll be honest and try to keep it as short as possible.

In april 2000 I moved with my mother to the States and lived there illegally(I was 16). June 2003 I decided I didn't want to live like that and moved to the Netherlands, I wasn't deported. I'm a Dutch citizen and ever since I left in 2003 I've been able to visit my family in the states on a regular basis (almost yearly) under the VWP. I also must admit that I lied on my ESTA application about overstaying my visa during a previous visit (2000-2003). In the meantime, my mother has petitioned me for an Immigrant visa and I'm aware that my overstay will cause some problems.

My questions are.
    1. Starting from which date does the 10 year ban become "active"? From when I left in 2003 or after my last visit to the US. I never overstayed during my subsequent visits.
    2. What is the best course of action for me? Concidering I lied on my ESTA? Will I still need a waiver? How big are the chances of the consular denying my immigrant visa application?

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X