K1 visa taking so long...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• K1 visa taking so long...

Hi! Just wondering if you guys can share some ideas or opinion, we filed our fiance visa last December and up until now still waiting for Notification. Shall I be worried or this is normal? Seems 9months now and nothing has coming up. Appreciate the help in advance!

Hello, there.

First of all, my fiancé and I are using **** **** * to help our K1 visa process, they mailed our petition on June 15 and we received the notification letter on June 20, just FIVE days after mailing our petition.

After that, they approved our case on August 16, less than two months after the notification letter, now I am just waiting for my interview to be scheduled.

Not to scare you or anything, but you should probably be a little worried, because the longest wait in a K1 visa process is the wait for your case to be approved, which is 3-5 months.

Meanwhile, you should receive your notification shortly after you mailed your petition.

Try tracking down your petition package and make sure it was sent and has arrived at the USCIS, because if it has, you should've received your notification letter months ago.

Good luck!

Comment

Just been approved for Greencard

I came to the states to be with my husband at the end of August 2015. We completed most K1 visa stuff from our own countries. When we got married in October (within the 90 days of arriving) we filed the paper work straight away for the permanent recidence. We got 2 letters in that time asking for more info, which we sent in. We finally got called to go for our interview on Tuesday 13th sep, 2016. So took us just under 1 year to hear from them. We got approved straight away, all they were asked is what our full names were, address and phone numbers, with afew things to prove we are living together. It was very easy, nothing to worry about. My greencard arrives in 3 weeks. All they want to see is that you are together, and having a second sponser, definitely helps. it shouldn't be too long before you hear something, as long as all the correct paperwork was submitted. Good luck with everything.

Comment

Originally posted by ness123 View Post
        I came to the states to be with my husband at the end of August 2015. We completed most K1 visa stuff from our own countries. When we got married in October (within the 90 days of arriving) we filed the paper work straight away for the permanent recidence. We got 2 letters in that time asking for more info, which we sent in. We finally got called to go for our interview on Tuesday 13th sep, 2016. So took us just under 1 year to hear from them. We got approved straight away, all they were asked is what our full names were, address and phone numbers, with afew things to prove we are living together. It was very easy, nothing to worry about. My greencard arrives in 3 weeks. All they want to see is that you are together, and having a second sponser, definitely helps. it shouldn't be too long before you hear something, as long as all the correct paperwork was submitted. Good luck with everything.
        Congratulations on getting the Green Card!

By the way, I'm wondering if you might know whether an alien spouse is able to travel out of the US and back while waiting for the Green Card application to be processed? I'm wondering if we can travel back to my home country for a reception and maybe, a short honeymoon.

Comment

You would not be able to travel home while your adjustment of status is pending. Since your adjustment of status for the green card has been filed, you can apply for advance parole through USCIS. If approved that would allow you to travel during the adjustment of status period and then re-enter the U.S., but it must be approved first. If it's not approved even if filed and you leave, it would revoke your application for adjustment of status.

This is my opinion and not legal advice. Use of this information is strictly at your own risk.

Trinity71

Comment

K1 Fiance Visa Process

Hi Maldi Kapahese!

My fiance and I just mailed our petition last week, I was just wondering what process you said you were using and which service center did you mail your petition to? is it California or Texas by chance? Thank You so much!

Originally posted by Maldi Kapahese View Post
            Hello, there.

First of all, my fiancé and I are using **** **** * to help our K1 visa process, they mailed our petition on June 15 and we received the notification letter on June 20, just FIVE days after mailing our petition.

After that, they approved our case on August 16, less than two months after the notification letter, now I am just waiting for my interview to be scheduled.

Not to scare you or anything, but you should probably be a little worried, because the longest wait in a K1 visa process is the wait for your case to be approved, which is 3-5 months.

Meanwhile, you should receive your notification shortly after you mailed your petition.

Try tracking down your petition package and make sure it was sent and has arrived at the USCIS, because if it has, you should've received your notification letter months ago.

Good luck!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
            X