Indian citizen on H1B in USA marrying a Canadian citizen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indian citizen on H1B in USA marrying a Canadian citizen

I am an Indian Citizen working in the USA on H1-B, waiting for my priority date to go current ( through my employer). My fiancee is a Canadian citizen and we are planning to get married early next year. I would really appreciate to receive any kind of insights for the following questions:

1. Does she need the H4-B dependent visa if she wants to stay in the USA with me to begin with, or can she stay for any amount of time in USA as a visitor?

2. Also, what are her options if she wants to work in the USA? Once she is in the USA on visitor or H4 visa, can she look for jobs and apply for a TN visa (she willbe added to my GC)?

Thanks.

Originally posted by rs23 View Post
    I am an Indian Citizen working in the USA on H1-B, waiting for my priority date to go current ( through my employer). My fiancee is a Canadian citizen and we are planning to get married early next year. I would really appreciate to receive any kind of insights for the following questions:

1. Does she need the H4-B dependent visa if she wants to stay in the USA with me to begin with, or can she stay for any amount of time in USA as a visitor?

2. Also, what are her options if she wants to work in the USA? Once she is in the USA on visitor or H4 visa, can she look for jobs and apply for a TN visa (she willbe added to my GC)?

Thanks.
    Hi,
    First of all congrats!!

1. Your wife doesn't need H4 visa stamped since she is a Canadian citizen, she will be issued an I-94 at the port of entry based on your I797 expiry date.
    2. If she has to work she has to enter with a TN visa, you may read more info on how to get a TN visa.

* above is based on my knowledge and not to be taken as a legal advice.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X