Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L1 B - Individual Visa date is beyond petition date

Hi,

I have L1 B Individual visa stamped on 21st Sep, 2016 which is valid from 21st Sep- 16 Sep 2021. However my petition date is valid only from Jan 2013- Dec 2016.

Can you please confirm on:

1) I understand that If I travel in Jan 2017, I would not need to go for any extension since my visa is valid till Sep 2021, please confirm.
    2) There won't be any further extension required and I would get the i94 till 2021 when I enter in US, please confirm.

It would be great help.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Shweta Vinay; 09-23-2016, 01:30 AM.

From my knowledge, for working you need a valid petition .. so if you intend to work after Dec'16, petition needs to be extended..Visa and petition are two different things though related.. visa is only for traveling to and from US, petition is what gives us authority to work in US..

Comment

Originally posted by AKAI View Post
      From my knowledge, for working you need a valid petition .. so if you intend to work after Dec'16, petition needs to be extended..Visa and petition are two different things though related.. visa is only for traveling to and from US, petition is what gives us authority to work in US..
      Thank you very much for the clarification.
      Can you please let me know If I travel in October and apply for Petition in November. How long will it take for the approval or rejection under both normal and premium processing

Regards.
      Last edited by Shweta Vinay; 09-23-2016, 06:52 AM.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X