B1 B2 to f1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• B1 B2 to f1

Hey ..Im staying in USA for 5 months on b2...if I go backto home country and apply for f1..will there be any issue for my 5months stay..I actually applied for business visa last yr ..I came here on tourist visa this yr ..I'm scared to apply for f1 now

Originally posted by Shiny Smiley View Post
    Hey ..Im staying in USA for 5 months on b2...if I go backto home country and apply for f1..will there be any issue for my 5months stay..I actually applied for business visa last yr ..I came here on tourist visa this yr ..I'm scared to apply for f1 now

Hi,

Same thing happened with me as well. I stayed in US for straight 5 months on B1 Visa.Then I Came back to India, and applied for F1. But got rejected twice. Thinking to try one more time.

Comment

Originally posted by preetsh View Post
      Hi,

Same thing happened with me as well. I stayed in US for straight 5 months on B1 Visa.Then I Came back to India, and applied for F1. But got rejected twice. Thinking to try one more time.
      really, do you know the reason for rejection

Comment

Originally posted by Shiny Smiley View Post
        really, do you know the reason for rejection
        Hello Shiny Smiley,

Can you please tell me what happened with ur case?? were you approved?? i'm here on a tourist visa too and thinking of changing to F1, the issue is i'm staying with my husband (didn't do the marriage certificate yet) but he's going to be sponsoring my studies, is this going to be an issue?? please any insight would help!

Comment

Hello again dear shiny smiley,
          im sorry but im new to this forum and i dont know how it works, i was wondering if you could tell me if your change of status was approved? in case it was, can you please tell me who sponsored you and what is the procedure, any help is much much appreciated thank you

Comment

b2 to f1 change of status

Hi there,
            anyone who change status and got approved? how long is processing time? mine is over 3 months. still waiting for decision. worry that classes start now. I applied cos on oct 24. 2016. please share information.
            thanks

Comment

Hi everyone,
              I was on b2 on 2006, and changed my b2 to F1 on late 2006. The case was pending because the advisor was quit in the middle of process. Anyway, just a reminder, once you changed f1 here (in US) you have to bear in mind, if you need to leave US no matter how urgent it is, your visa no longer valid. It means you can't come back to US since you don't have the physical F1 visa attached to your passport.
              When you have your status changed in the US, they gave you new i-94 (as a visa) with duration valid as long as you go to school.

Comment

Originally posted by Ggone View Post
                Hi everyone,
                I was on b2 on 2006, and changed my b2 to F1 on late 2006. The case was pending because the advisor was quit in the middle of process. Anyway, just a reminder, once you changed f1 here (in US) you have to bear in mind, if you need to leave US no matter how urgent it is, your visa no longer valid. It means you can't come back to US since you don't have the physical F1 visa attached to your passport.
                When you have your status changed in the US, they gave you new i-94 (as a visa) with duration valid as long as you go to school.
                Thank you so much for sharing some insight

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                X