Mixed Insurance Banners Health Insurance for Visitors to USA

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could being 45 day in the US haunt me at Consular Interview?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Could being 45 day in the US haunt me at Consular Interview?

Let me first explain my case. I lived in the US for 6 years as a College Student and working for 2 years under a J1 visa (and was subject to the 2-year Home Residency Requirement). During my years in college I met my wife and we married in 2011. She is a permanent resident . A year after our beautiful daughter was born. After finishing school and working for 18 months under the academic training program, I had to come back to my country in May 2014 because we didn’t qualify for the 2-year HRR waiver. My wife works and goes to college in the States. In addition she is a PR so she could lose her status if she comes to live with me. My wife filed a petition for me to become under the F2A category in Feb 2015 (don’t ask me why we waited so long bc it’s a long story)

I wanted to see my family so badly and against all odds and everyone telling I was going to be denied, I applied for a B1/B2 visa after petition was submitted and I was APPROVED in July 2015. Since then I have visited my family in 3 occasions: August 2015 for 5 days, December 2015 for 10 days, and July 2016 for 45 days. The last trip was supposed to be originally 14 days but my wife was sick and I didn’t wanted to leave her alone in that situation. In addition, my daughters, who is the most affected by this situation was starting school and I wanted to be there for at least the first few days in school. Since I am a software engineer, I was able to convince my boss to let me work remotely from the States for about 20 business days. I later learned that working remotely from the US was illegal. Now I am afraid that will haunt me the day of the interview. They will definitely ask me why I was in the states for 45 days since I have a job in my home country.

-What should I do? Should I ask my company to give me a letter saying that I was on a leave?
    -I need to make a 5-day trip in November for a professional conference in Seattle. Could that make my situation worst?

Please let me know what you think..

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
X