Child of US Citizen Visa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Child of US Citizen Visa

Hi guys! I'm at a dilemma here. I'm the mother of a 6 year old boy. I'm a US Citizen (Born in san francisco). But before i was a year old, We left for the Philippines.

Now I want to know what visa to get my child. I was born on January 16 1986. So my son is not eligible for an automatic US passport since I have never technically lived in the US for more than a year straight. I do however visit quiet often. Upon reading the granting of citizenship to children of US citizens born outside the US, I need first a residency of 1 year in the US for him to be granted one. But I have never lived there for that long.

We are currently in the process of getting him a Philippine Passport.

What visa should I get him?

Should I fall in line for a tourist visa in Manila? Or can I take him directly to the US Citizens Only desk?

Thank you!

Child of US Citizen Visa

You should called or visit the USA embassy in you country

Comment

You should petition him as an immediate family member for an immigrant visa (IR-2), using form I-130.

Once in the U.S., he can apply for a U.S. passport or Citizenship Certificate.

--Ray B

Originally posted by seven309 View Post
      Hi guys! I'm at a dilemma here. I'm the mother of a 6 year old boy. I'm a US Citizen (Born in san francisco). But before i was a year old, We left for the Philippines.

Now I want to know what visa to get my child. I was born on January 16 1986. So my son is not eligible for an automatic US passport since I have never technically lived in the US for more than a year straight. I do however visit quiet often. Upon reading the granting of citizenship to children of US citizens born outside the US, I need first a residency of 1 year in the US for him to be granted one. But I have never lived there for that long.

We are currently in the process of getting him a Philippine Passport.

What visa should I get him?

Should I fall in line for a tourist visa in Manila? Or can I take him directly to the US Citizens Only desk?

Thank you!

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
      X