Important point I've read in USAFIS website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Important point I've read in USAFIS website

Hi all, I want to take part in the DV Lottery and hopefully get a Green Card - and I read in the website some interesting data about people that are disqualified in the early stages of the process because of bureaucratic reasons.

One of the common errors tat catched my eyes in website was the photographs that needs to "meet the strict US State Department standards for the DV Lottery". The photos also need to be in the official E-DV format.

Thanks!

Here is what I learned from the USAFIS Organization about the DV-Lottery photo requirements. All family members listed in the Diversity Visa (DV) Lottery application must have an individual passport-style color digital photo that meets the specifications for the DV-Lottery. The color photo must have been taken within six months prior to submission to the DV-Lottery. The height and width dimensions of each photo must be equal and should be a minimum of 600 X 600 pixels and a maximum of 1200 X 1200 pixels. The size of each photo should be 51mm by 51mm or 2 inches by 2 inches. Each photo should be in the JPEG digital format and must be in 24-bit color (i.e., 24 bits per pixel). The file size for each photo should be 240 kilobytes (i.e., 240KB) or less. The image should be in focus, without shadows and not overexposed, underexposed or grainy. Each person should have his/her own individual color passport-style photo (i.e., group photos are not allowed) with a plain white or off-white background and the person looking straight ahead with a neutral facial expression. The head and shoulders should be visible and square to the camera (i.e., the head and shoulders should be facing the camera directly and not be at an angle). The head should not be tilted up, down or to the side. The eyes must be open, fully visible and without the “red eye effect.” Hats and head coverings may not be worn except for religious purposes, but the full face must be shown and the face must not be obscured in any way. The photo experts at USAFIS provide a useful service by checking the photos of their clients to make sure they meet all of the DV-Lottery requirements.

Comment

Hi Sergio,

The photos issue is a very important issue and every candidate should know that.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisdavid903 View Post
        The photos issue is a very important issue and every candidate should know that. I have read also an article about the photo requirements:
        I believe that this information can be useful for you. Enjoy and have a good luck!
        I saw this information also - and from my experience of 4 disqualifications - the photo should be perfect, just as their requirements and restrictions. As Jimmy wrote here, the head should no be tilted up (I made that mistake...). I wish Sergio all the best and good luck.

Comment

I didn't see this article before. I didn't understand the section that says: "People in photos should be wearing normal clothes as worn on a daily basis". What is "normal"? I have a buttoned up shirt and a T-shirt... What is considered as normal?...
          Thanks

Comment

Both could be considered normal. What normal wear usually is: Button up shirt/pants/jeans, T-shirt/jeans/shorts. Unusual wear: Dress clothes such as things not worn on a daily basis. You wouldn't take a passport picture in a wedding dress or tux. Hope this helps
            Just my opinion... Use at your own risk...

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Brown View Post
              Here is what I learned from the USAFIS Organization about the DV-Lottery photo requirements. All family members listed in the Diversity Visa (DV) Lottery application must have an individual passport-style color digital photo that meets the specifications for the DV-Lottery. The color photo must have been taken within six months prior to submission to the DV-Lottery. The height and width dimensions of each photo must be equal and should be a minimum of 600 X 600 pixels and a maximum of 1200 X 1200 pixels. The size of each photo should be 51mm by 51mm or 2 inches by 2 inches. Each photo should be in the JPEG digital format and must be in 24-bit color (i.e., 24 bits per pixel). The file size for each photo should be 240 kilobytes (i.e., 240KB) or less. The image should be in focus, without shadows and not overexposed, underexposed or grainy. Each person should have his/her own individual color passport-style photo (i.e., group photos are not allowed) with a plain white or off-white background and the person looking straight ahead with a neutral facial expression. The head and shoulders should be visible and square to the camera (i.e., the head and shoulders should be facing the camera directly and not be at an angle). The head should not be tilted up, down or to the side. The eyes must be open, fully visible and without the “red eye effect.” Hats and head coverings may not be worn except for religious purposes, but the full face must be shown and the face must not be obscured in any way. The photo experts at USAFIS provide a useful service by checking the photos of their clients to make sure they meet all of the DV-Lottery requirements.
              The photo issue is realy important and you need to give this attention.
              If usafis says that is important than it is important, i also saw an article about usafis in finace yahoo you can read it: YYYY X usafis says that they have expert that can help you in every step and ofcourse about that photo issue.
              good luck!
              Last edited by Antonise; 12-12-2016, 11:14 AM. Reason: Banned Website

Comment

Originally posted by PryncissQueen View Post
                Both could be considered normal. What normal wear usually is: Button up shirt/pants/jeans, T-shirt/jeans/shorts. Unusual wear: Dress clothes such as things not worn on a daily basis. You wouldn't take a passport picture in a wedding dress or tux. Hope this helps
                Ok, and what about shaving? Do i have to shave for the photo?

Comment

Originally posted by Sergio1 View Post
                  Ok, and what about shaving? Do i have to shave for the photo?
                  When you shaved you look much more formal, so i suggest you to shave.
                  Also make sure you hair look good and not to much.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterJ View Post
                    When you shaved you look much more formal, so i suggest you to shave.
                    Also make sure you hair look good and not to much.
                    Not to much what?
                    I have long hair, what should i do??

Comment

Important point I've read in USAFIS website

Originally posted by Sergio1 View Post
                      Not to much what?
                      I have long hair, what should i do??
                      thats ok that you have long hair, just dont make it look messy.
                      Arrange the hair before the photo, shave for good clean face and dont wear earrings and necklace. i suggest you to contact usafis before you making the photo, use them for this.

Comment

Originally posted by PeterJ View Post
                        thats ok that you have long hair, just dont make it look messy.
                        Arrange the hair before the photo, shave for good clean face and dont wear earrings and necklace. i suggest you to contact usafis before you making the photo, use them for this.
                        Ok, i will contact usafis before just for to be sure
                        do you have more importants point to share with me?

Comment

USAFIS picture

Originally posted by Aleece View Post
                          I saw this information also - and from my experience of 4 disqualifications - the photo should be perfect, just as their requirements and restrictions. As Jimmy wrote here, the head should no be tilted up (I made that mistake...). I wish Sergio all the best and good luck.
                          Aleece do you know if i'm able to see somewhere online photos of previous candidates?
                          I really don't have a clue about any of that and I heard USAFIS are very strict about the photos, because it's increasing the chances of winning.
                          Thanks.

Comment

Information about the photo

Originally posted by Jimmy Brown View Post
                            Do you know where I can find information about USAFIS photo requirements?
                            I want to get some information about the DV-Lottery and about the application process, and I really want USAFIS to help me with that.

Comment

USAFIS photos requirements

Originally posted by kerry_jordan View Post
                              Aleece do you know if i'm able to see somewhere online photos of previous candidates?
                              I really don't have a clue about any of that and I heard USAFIS are very strict about the photos, because it's increasing the chances of winning.
                              Thanks.
                              Hey Kerry, you can check on USAFIS websites about pervious candidates testimonials and get a clue about the picture issue. I know USAFIS do not compromise about the photographes, so I really recommend you to be minded about that.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                              X