Question about DS-160 form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about DS-160 form

I was a student in US on F-1 visa. Back in Spring 2003 i was put on academic probation and hence was not allowed to register for the semester. Due to this i was OUT OF STATUS. I was called to state immigration office and was arrested and placed in removal proceedings. Then i was released right away on my own recognizance. By the time removal proceeding hearing concluded, i was registered in school and the immigration judge dismissed the case and reinstated my F1 status. After that i completed by bachelors (2006), masters (2008) and got sponsored for H1 visa (2008) and visa was also stamped (2009) successfully. Please note that in every immigration form, i have always selected NO to the question(OPT application, H1 visa application, H1 visa DS-160 etc). At the time of H1 visa interview (2009) the officer asked me if i have ever been in trouble with the law so i gave him proof and told the whole story. the visa was approved with annotation "Class record not an ineligibility", So i'm assuming that the immigration officer saw something on his screen and wanted to make sure since on DS-160 i answered with NO. By the way i never returned to US and settled in some other country due to family reasons.
    Now i want to apply for visit visa with my family and visit the great country again.

1. But I need suggestion whether to select Yes or No for the question. "have you ever been arrested or convicted.........."

2. Secondly, Do you think will it be hard for me to get visa as i have issued visas before as well (F1 and H1)...

I have all the documents with me to show the record with immigration and case history ...

Regards,

1. I would select "Yes". If visa officer ask, Please show the proof you showed earlier and tell the truth.
    2. Most likely not.
    This is not a legal advice. Use at your own risk.

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
    X