Permanent move to US

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permanent move to US

I was blessed with a daughter during my 7 year long stay in US on H1B in January 2009.we move to India in Oct 2011 for good.I have retained my daughter's US citizenship by aquiring PIO card and US passport and renew passport as and when desired.

My queries are as follow:
    1. How earliest my daughter will be eligible to move to USA for study/job purposes on her own with accompanying any guardian/parent?
    2. After moving to US, how early can she sponsor her parents to move on with her forever / for good.( I mean family green card sponsorship)
    3. Will there be any minimum requisite for her to sponsor her parents green card after moving to USA.

Thanks in Anticipation

Originally posted by Dheer Singh View Post
    I was blessed with a daughter during my 7 year long stay in US on H1B in January 2009.we move to India in Oct 2011 for good.I have retained my daughter's US citizenship by aquiring PIO card and US passport and renew passport as and when desired.

My queries are as follow:
    1. How earliest my daughter will be eligible to move to USA for study/job purposes on her own with accompanying any guardian/parent?
    2. After moving to US, how early can she sponsor her parents to move on with her forever / for good.( I mean family green card sponsorship)
    3. Will there be any minimum requisite for her to sponsor her parents green card after moving to USA.

Thanks in Anticipation
    Your issue is age. Since you have a minor child she will not be able to support you coming in to the US until she reaches majority and can support you financially as she will have to swear out an affadavit of Support know as I-864. As a child she cannot do this.
    I am not certain of this issue so I recommend an attorney to advise you.

Comment

Your child will be eligible to sponsor only when she reaches the age of 21.

Comment

job authorisation

I just got married to a US citizen,please is it possible for me to first apply For a job authorization card then later apply for my green card say like 2 months later?please some one advice.thank you

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
        X