Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-90 Processing time

Hi All,
    I have applied to replace my green card due to USCIS error (fee waived) on Dec 2015. I received the confirmation and gave my biometrics on Jan 2016. However I did not receive my green card yet. My status is still stuck in biometrics appointment scheduled. When I called up USCIS they say my case is still under consideration. My application number starts with IOE and the service center seems to be NBC. i.e., I assume it is considered ELIS even though I filed it paper.

1. Does it take such a long time to process? I thought I should get it in 6 months.
    2. It seems, I-90 processing time information disappeared from USCIS processing information page for NBC since last update.

Any idea why it would happen? Appreciate your help.

Thanks,
    Gerald.

I have the same problem

hi, i have the almost same problem. i got a green card with error, then i filed I90 to replace it. i scheduled to go have bio information done on Dec,2015. then no more information until now.
    am very worried. what happened? do u have some any new information?

Comment

I am in same situation

hi,Gerald, I have a same problem with u. I gave my biometrics on Dec 2015, i didnt get my green card yet.
      my status is also stuck in biometrics appointment scheduled.
      do u have any new information about this?
      thank u very much

Originally posted by lesliedomjones View Post
      Hi All,
      I have applied to replace my green card due to USCIS error (fee waived) on Dec 2015. I received the confirmation and gave my biometrics on Jan 2016. However I did not receive my green card yet. My status is still stuck in biometrics appointment scheduled. When I called up USCIS they say my case is still under consideration. My application number starts with IOE and the service center seems to be NBC. i.e., I assume it is considered ELIS even though I filed it paper.

1. Does it take such a long time to process? I thought I should get it in 6 months.
      2. It seems, I-90 processing time informationI disappeared from USCIS processing information page for NBC since last update.

Thanks,
      Gerald.

Comment

No update yet. My status is still "biometric appointment scheduled". I called them up few days back and they said my case is still under consideration. I will wait few more days and mostly next month will take info pass to get a temp stamp

Comment

Thx

Hi All,

2. It seems, I-90 processing time information disappeared from USCIS processing information page for NBC since last update.

Thanks,
          Gerald.
          Thanks Gerald, I was looking for this info!

Comment

I got an RFE few weeks back, asking me to send my original Green Card even after sending it part of my I90 application.

When I checked with few attorneys, they suggested me that it is not a good idea to send original permanent resident card along with I90 application even you are applying due to USCIS error. Because, it seems if USCIS loses it, they may reject our I90 and we have to apply again with Lost card status that will take longer time. Also the new card will come with the same error and you have to apply again to fix it. Instead keeping the card will help if you want to go out of the country or switching your job or any other reason to prove your legal status in USA when I90 is in progress.

Then you may send the card when you receive a RFE to send it. The advantage is, once the RFE is issued the process will be within a month or two. i.e., the time frame you have to wait without original permanent resident card in your hand will be very less.

Coming back to my case, I had to reply back to them saying I already sent my original permanent resident card along with my application and sent the copy of my covering letter where I clearly stated that I attached my original permanent resident card along with few more documents. USCIS was able to find it and approve my application. However I have not received my new card yet and it is under production at this point of time.

Thanks,

Comment

I-90 Processing time

I got an RFE few weeks back, asking me to send my original Green Card even after sending it part of my I90 application.

When I checked with few attorneys, they suggested me that it is not a good idea to send original permanent resident card along with I90 application even you are applying due to USCIS error. Because, it seems if USCIS loses it, they may reject our I90 and we have to apply again with Lost card status that will take longer time. Also the new card will come with the same error and you have to apply again to fix it. Instead keeping the card will help if you want to go out of the country or switching your job or any other reason to prove your legal status in USA when I90 is in progress.

Then you may send the card when you receive a RFE to send it. The advantage is, once the RFE is issued the process will be within a month or two. i.e., the time frame you have to wait without original permanent resident card in your hand will be very less.

Coming back to my case, I had to reply back to them saying I already sent my original permanent resident card along with my application and sent the copy of my covering letter where I clearly stated that I attached my original permanent resident card along with few more documents. USCIS was able to find it and approve my application. However I have not received my new card yet and it is under production at this point of time.

Thanks,

In my case also Green Card never received as USCIS sent to the wrong address with their mistake. My biometrics done on Feb 2017. and status stuck in biometrics appointment scheduled. Its almost 7 months. Please advise what should I do ? How long It will take ?

Thanks

Comment

I-90 processing might take over a year in 2018

I applied for I-90 in November 2017.
                I was at my Infopass appointment for I-551 stamp today and the officer told me that I-90 takes over a year now!!!!!
                How much longer than a year he wouldn't know... He said they are under a heavy load...
                I got a I-551 stamp for a year, but i might need to renew it if i don't get the Green Card before it expires, which might easiliy happen...
                Just an update for those who are waiting... Hope it helps, guys! Stay tough!

Originally posted by ravi.grainger View Post
                In my case also Green Card never received as USCIS sent to the wrong address with their mistake. My biometrics done on Feb 2017. and status stuck in biometrics appointment scheduled. Its almost 7 months. Please advise what should I do ? How long It will take ?

Thanks

Comment

i-551 stamp on expiring passport

My wife just immigrated to the USA on 11-2017 got the i-551 stamp on her IRA visa..endorsement for one year...I-551...no problem... and received permanent green card 10 year in December 2017..

temporary visa to cross the border was valid from Oct 2017 to Feb 2018..

problem now there is there is an error of country of birth.... filed a I-90 to replace 12-29-2017 and had biometric appointment 1-18-2018..no problem..

then the bad news about waiting up to a year to get new green card...

haven't sent them the original green card she received in December 2017..but expect a request for evidence letter from them asking for the original green card back

the passport she had her visa and i-551 stamp in will expire in june 2018..

she obtained a new passport before leaving her country in anticipation of the current on expiring in june/2018

will a USCIS field office place a Temporary i-551 on her new passport so she can travel internationally?.. How do the border police and airlines view this i-551 stamp when crossing the border instead of having a real green card.. will all countries recognize the i-551 stamp as her permanent residency in the USA and let her board an airplane back to the USA as if it is a legitimate visa to the USA.?

it makes us nervous but we have already made plans to travel outside the USA internationally for a brief time in the year 2018 and don't want to wait the whole year for this new green card to show up.

Comment

Originally posted by Katya_K View Post
                    I applied for I-90 in November 2017.
                    I was at my Infopass appointment for I-551 stamp today and the officer told me that I-90 takes over a year now!!!!!
                    My wife's green card came with an error too on the resident since date (they put 2017 instead of 2018!) and category was wrong too

Those of you who applied i-90:
                    1. Is it better to apply via an attorney? My attorney waned $350. I felt that's reasonable...

2. Did you (or your attorney) send the original green card with I-90?

3. Do I need to wait for I-90 receipt notice before scheduling an info pass appointment for I-551 stamp? We have a need to travel in a month's time

Comment

USCIS error and i-90 time

Originally posted by gcretro View Post
                      My wife's green card came with an error too on the resident since date (they put 2017 instead of 2018!) and category was wrong too

Those of you who applied i-90:
                      1. Is it better to apply via an attorney? My attorney waned $350. I felt that's reasonable...

2. Did you (or your attorney) send the original green card with I-90?

3. Do I need to wait for I-90 receipt notice before scheduling an info pass appointment for I-551 stamp? We have a need to travel in a month's time
                      Hello!
                      I am in the same boat. My husband's GC came with the SAME error on the resident since date (2017 instead of 2018)! So frustrating. We just did the 1-90. Did yours work out? Any suggestions?

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
                      X