Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I130/I485 Concurrent Filing

Hi,
    My husband and I got married 2 months ago and filed I130/I485 concurrent on August 20. We still haven't gotten any receipts yet and none of the checks are cashed. We sent it as certified mail. So I just wonder if anyone has had same experience and how long did it take to get your green card.
    Thanks

Did you mail to the lock box address in Chicago?
    The address for concurrent express mail filing is:
    31 South Dearborn-3rd Floor
    Chicago, IL 60603-5517
    Mine was mailed on August 31st
    Recieved conformation from Fedex on sept 2nd
    Text msg conformation on Sept 12th
    Checks cashed on Sept 13th
    My I 797 has date received and start processing on Sept 9th
    It also states that if I don't recieve notice by October 2nd (30 days) I need to call.
    You should call and ask
    Good luck .

Comment

Hi!

I've send my I-485 by mail on August 18.
      I got a NOA by August 29 and received the hard copy a few days later by mail.

I just went to do my biometrics yesterday (I received the letter on Sept 12).

Hope that can help,
      Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by Mia0312 View Post
        Hi,
        My husband and I got married 2 months ago and filed I130/I485 concurrent on August 20. We still haven't gotten any receipts yet and none of the checks are cashed. We sent it as certified mail. So I just wonder if anyone has had same experience and how long did it take to get your green card.
        Thanks

We got married at the end of August and we sent I130/I485 to Chicago, early September. We didn't have an answer from USCIS until I called them to ask if they received our package. The lady I spoke too could not give me an answer because she said she did not have a way to check, probably because I called the called center, and asked me to call back in the morning which I did not because that night, at midnight I received a notifiction through email and a text from USCIS saying that they have received our application and have been accepted, 5 days later we received the I797 notifications in mail too, next day we saw that the checks were cleared too. I have learned my lesson from other friends that have been through the same process, that you have to insist by calling them so they can take action on your applications. Because probably you do not have a receipt number, you can still call USCIS at 800-375-5283, you will have to choose options 1 then 2 followed by 2 and then again option 2 which will transfer you to a department where you can tell them when you sent the package and that you want to track to see why you have not received anything by now.

Hope this helps you!

Comment

Hi

My wife and I got married in January and submitted a joint I130/I485 application in February. It was received and processed early March. I had my fingerprint appointment in April. I was notified that my EAD was approved in May, interview in the Philadelphia office was in June. RFE from interview was collated and submitted beginning of September and notification that approval for I130 & I485 received last week. So from submission to approval 6-7 months

Colin

Comment

{{modal[0].title}}

X

{{modal[0].content}}

{{promo.content}}

Working...
          X